Not open for further replies.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Took you long enough.

Aren't you from there? Or have some Texas connection?
    Or is it just the name thing I'm thinking of?

I'm not from Texas. I grew up north of there but was born south of here :D My dad lives in Texas though :dunno: and my name IS a city in Texas so I don't know :popcorn:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I was sitting in my work van eating lunch today and watching people at the gas station across the street. This minivan pulls in that had about 10 or 12 sheets of drywall on the roof tied down with that cheap plastic string the hardware stores give you. Guy gets out, looks at his shifting stack of drywall, the proceeds to cut the seat belts out of the middle seats of his van and tie his load down with them! He then put 3 kids back in the van and started to leave. He pulls up to the exit, then guns it around the corner sending all his drywall into the street. I'm sure it would have been interesting to see what happened next but I had to leave. I thought I was watching an episode of "facepalm theater"!

That would've been awesome to watch :facepalm: but not so awesome to clean up :rolleyes:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Anybody have any good suggestions for a new tent? I am wanting a 4-6 person tent that is going to handle a rain storm and under $200. I'm not worried about cold as the boy won't be out camping yet if its freezing.

A lot of the time, how well a tent handles a storm has more to do with how well its set up than the quality of the tent. Unless, of course, its just a really cheap one.

You can spend tons of money on a high end tent. My personal preference is to just make sure my tent is of reasonable quality and to bring a back up if weather may be an issue. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a tent because even an expensive one can easily be torn by limbs or accidents with camp tools.:twocents:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    A lot of the time, how well a tent handles a storm has more to do with how well its set up than the quality of the tent. Unless, of course, its just a really cheap one.

You can spend tons of money on a high end tent. My personal preference is to just make sure my tent is of reasonable quality and to bring a back up if weather may be an issue. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a tent because even an expensive one can easily be torn by limbs or accidents with camp tools.:twocents:

Good point! I was camping in Kansas when we were hit by severe storms in an open field area and the tent I was in had a metal pole bent at a 90. We don't know how strong the storm was but tornado warnings while camping in an open field area really stinks! That was the last triangle shape tent I ever slept in but that night it didn't matter

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    Anybody have any good suggestions for a new tent? I am wanting a 4-6 person tent that is going to handle a rain storm and under $200. I'm not worried about cold as the boy won't be out camping yet if its freezing.

I have an Eddie Bauer dome tent that I bought on Ebay. It has held up well in several storms. It will sleep 4 easy.

Now that our scouting days are over I prefer to camp in a hotel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom