• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Get one. You have 60-90 days to come up with the money.

The money would only be half the battle... My wife just let me pick up the LMT AR and the Springfield Operator.... But then, I also have 60-90 days to get her to warm up to the idea.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    The money would only be half the battle... My wife just let me pick up the LMT AR and the Springfield Operator.... But then, I also have 60-90 days to get her to warm up to the idea.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

If you bought I could "hide" it for you.;)

:D

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I need a credit card. I hear they have free money on them.:):

I had a couple of those for a little bit, if you don't have one yet, don't get one. Get a secured card and build credit that way if you need to. Now that my credit is established, there is no reason or need for a credit card. Even when I HAVE TO use one for an on-line purchase, I pay it off as soon as the transaction posts, they are the easiest way to get in trouble with money...

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I had a couple of those for a little bit, if you don't have one yet, don't get one. Get a secured card and build credit that way if you need to. Now that my credit is established, there is no reason or need for a credit card. Even when I HAVE TO use one for an on-line purchase, I pay it off as soon as the transaction posts, they are the easiest way to get in trouble with money...

Right now I just use cash and a debit card once in a while. I plan on getting a credit card as soon as I can. I'll use that for everything and pay it off each month to build up some credit history.

That reminds me, I need to put my debit card on my Paypal account.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Thats what everyone says..then 3 years later most of them are filing bankruptcy...credit cards are the devil!

Yep, my parents got into that boat, not the bankruptcy though, just debt. I'm very good with my money and don't have many expenses at all so I'm not worried about it.:dunno:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Right now I just use cash and a debit card once in a while. I plan on getting a credit card as soon as I can. I'll use that for everything and pay it off each month to build up some credit history.

That reminds me, I need to put my debit card on my Paypal account.

Thats what everyone says..then 3 years later most of them are filing bankruptcy...credit cards are the devil!

I hate that my wife will put a cup of coffee on the debit card so, I got her a credit card. I called them and asked them to lower the limit as low as possible. The card now has a $500 limit. If you choose to build credit that way, I would suggest looking into a "secured" card or getting one with a low limit. There is no penalty for making payments early and often, sometimes I pay my wife's card 2 or 3 times in a month. :twocents:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I hate that my wife will put a cup of coffee on the debit card so, I got her a credit card. I called them and asked them to lower the limit as low as possible. The card now has a $500 limit. If you choose to build credit that way, I would suggest looking into a "secured" card or getting one with a low limit. There is no penalty for making payments early and often, sometimes I pay my wife's card 2 or 3 times in a month. :twocents:

I inherited my wifes debt when I married her...she had 7 credit cards when we married. Its all taken care of but it was rough for a few years. its not the money you put on a CC..its the interest..never ending cycle. had I made min payments on her CC it would of taken me something like 160+ years to pay them off..she had a couple cards that held a 23% interest rate...effin crazy! we have no CC now..I do have a store card with a $500 limit that I rarely use...maybe to get diapers or formula between pay checks but thats about it. as far as debit cards...I use mine all the time...I use it for most any purchase over $20. I earn 4.7% interest on my checking account as long as I use my debit card 10 times a month and keep my pay checks direct deposited.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom