• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    My guess is somehow they did a double powder charge. And frankly I've never been a fan of the Remington Golden Bullets (guessing since you said it was Rem ammo). And with the poor quality of that ammo I've experienced in the past I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I'd say it was probably a high charge and a weak spot in the case. :twocents:

Yeah, I've never had a problem with that stuff, until now... but, needless to say, I won't be buying it again, no matter how cheap it is!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Yeah, I'd take detailed pictures(BTW, you need a new camera :D) in hopes of getting some sort of compensation for that.

Yeah, those are cell phone pics, I bought my Mom a new DSLR for Mother's Day last year, I'm thinking about running over there this weekend and seeing if she'll let me use it....

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Apparently, you are not alone with this problem.

expshell1.jpg

From the quick little bit of reading I did, this gun can be a little "ammo picky".

Here's a link to another forum where I found the pic. MKIII brass question - Ruger Forum

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Yeah, even that little bit of reading I have just done on it, it looks like no one likes the Rem ammo in a MKIII. But, the pic you just posted in here was Winchester Ammo... Kinda starting to wonder if it's the pistol and not the ammo so much....

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Yeah, even that little bit of reading I have just done on it, it looks like no one likes the Rem ammo in a MKIII. But, the pic you just posted in here was Winchester Ammo... Kinda starting to wonder if it's the pistol and not the ammo so much....

I certainly don't claim to be any kind of expert, but my experience has proven to me that even two supposedly identical weapons will have their own distinct "personalities". I suggest you take whatever measures you feel necessary to insure the gun is still safe to fire, but I tend to believe no serious damage was done. It may just be a matter of trial and error to determine what ammo your particular gun likes. :twocents:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I tend to believe no serious damage was done...

OK, I can't get a pick of this but if any of you have a newer MKIII, you know where the loaded chamber indicator is.... the part that has "loaded" stamped on it is blown off the gun and there is a spring showing where it should be.... now, I'm pretty pissed....

Oops, never-mind. That sucks! Take lots of pictures. It'll probably turn into a big hassle, but I would be talking to somebody about it.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Oops, never-mind. That sucks! Take lots of pictures. It'll probably turn into a big hassle, but I would be talking to somebody about it.

:laugh::xmad::laugh: :xmad: <---- Not sure yet.

Anyway, I still have the box of Reminton Ammo. I am gonna send them a brief e-mail with those pictures and see what they are going to be willing to do. I may also contact Ruger and see what they will be willing to do...

I Edited my previous post, I was able to get a pic of it....

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I just read some reports of that gun discharging if it takes a blow to that chamber indicator. Looks like many people are choosing to remove them.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I just read some reports of that gun discharging if it takes a blow to that chamber indicator. Looks like many people are choosing to remove them.

:D I was just reading the same thing.... Looks like it's pretty simple to remove too.... Sounds like it is going to be salvageable.... Just no more Remington ammo for her....

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    :D I was just reading the same thing.... Looks like it's pretty simple to remove too.... Sounds like it is going to be salvageable.... Just no more Remington ammo for her....

I'd say that sounds like a plan. But I'd still call both Ruger and Remington and see what they are willing to do. Its instances like this that got me away from their rimfire ammo. Plus just the inconsistency and dirtyness of it. Only ammo of theirs I use anymore is for my 30-06.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I'd say that sounds like a plan. But I'd still call both Ruger and Remington and see what they are willing to do. Its instances like this that got me away from their rimfire ammo. Plus just the inconsistency and dirtyness of it. Only ammo of theirs I use anymore is for my 30-06.

Yeah, I'm gonna contact Remington for sure. I've had experience with Ruger customer service before and they are awesome. I'm going to try and contact Remington, remove the casing (if it isn't fused to the chamber) and remove the loaded chamber indicator when I'm a little less mad about it.

It's not like it's "collector" or a "carry gun" it usually goes from the safe to the range bag, I just picked it up b/c .45 is so expensive! 9mm is a little better but still not as cheap as .22!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Alright guys, thanks for your input... It's time for me to have a beer, relax, and get some sleep before work tonight...

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Yeah I know what you mean on the ammo prices, it sucks! Before too long I'll be getting a GSG 1911 for my .22 platform to use as a pistol host when I get my Guardian suppressor :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Hope it works out for you Kick! I don't know if I'd try to remove the brass before I found out something though. But that's just me. :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom