• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    If I had a yard or a safe fenced area she could be off leash, I'd put out a squirrel feeder just for her :D...she jumps up the tree trying to get them...
    I've seen a feeder with a long spring and a bell. A cob of corn is attatched to the end. When the squirrel jumps on the corn it gets to go for a little ride. :D

I think my dog would be afraid of a squirrel. He's afraid of almost everything else that moves.:facepalm:
    Ours if afraid of boxes..... of any size.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I've seen a feeder with a long spring and a bell. A cob of corn is attatched to the end. When the squirrel jumps on the corn it gets to go for a little ride. :D

Ours if afraid of boxes..... of any size.

lol, I want a feeder that keeps the squirrels coming back!!

I can't think of anything offhand that mine is afraid of. Her first fire engine with lights/sirens, she looked but didn't freak out. First car backfire, looked, didn't bark or freak out or spook. Can't wait to proof her on gunfire one of these days

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    she also goes after birds...SHTF I'll have a hunting AND a guard dog in one :D
    Haha, she's just now noticing birds. I wonder how long it'll be before she's spitting feathers.

On a related note, I watched her bark up at an airplane last week. :ugh:
    She was watching it go across the sky, gave a little bark up at it, then go back to what she was doing before.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Haha, she's just now noticing birds. I wonder how long it'll be before she's spitting feathers.

On a related note, I watched her bark up at an airplane last week. :ugh:
    She was watching it go across the sky, gave a little bark up at it, then go back to what she was doing before.

lol, nice...

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I can't think of anything offhand that mine is afraid of. Her first fire engine with lights/sirens, she looked but didn't freak out. First car backfire, looked, didn't bark or freak out or spook. Can't wait to proof her on gunfire one of these days
    Just boxes, the vacuum, and a laundry rack. Nothing else, not even gunfire.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Obligatory Heeler picture.
    180763_1583637879505_1492489126_31210859_6129451_n.jpg

Bailey

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Sounds good to me,
    34598_1505394399458_1372221338_31368683_4478074_n.jpg

right after I took this, I wondered what she'd do with the mouse I had in the box (I was buying it to feed to something else) so I took the mouse out to let her see it. She almost snatched it from my hand....no more mice for Roxie

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    She knew they were up there and I have no doubt that she could have figured it out.

Ours climbed on the back of the couch and was about to climb all the way up on a bookshelf to get a stuffed animal we hid from her up on a beam when I caught her.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    She knew they were up there and I have no doubt that she could have figured it out.

Ours climbed on the back of the couch and was about to climb all the way up on a bookshelf to get a stuffed animal we hid from her up on a beam when I caught her.

lol, yeah, she'd of done something if I hadn't caught her. She's easily the smartest dog I've ever met. There's a treat bar at our store (dog treats). She doesn't like any of the treats on there except one kind. I'll throw her a treat she likes, she catches and eats it. Throw another treat she likes, catches and eats it. Throw a treat she doesn't like, catches and spits it out. Every time, never fails

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Yes. That's a fun game my Aussie plays. Well, it's a game for me. She gets annoyed when I toss her a piece of broccoli.

The heeler will also come up with games. Like taking a stick and poking the older dogs with it. Then when they decide they've had anough running circles around them as they try to get up and take chase.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    your chili is tame compared to how we make it. I actually had some of ours when I got home. I just didn't expect the burn in yours because it was so sweet.

Oh it's normally WAY hotter than that, it'll cause ya to sweat while tailgating in 35 degree weather.:D

The sweetness is there to mask the initial got ya, I like working from the ground up.

The next cold together in the fall I'll make a nuclear +p+ batch and supply pepcid because some people "will" need it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom