• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I had both eyes open, but even like this I was faster than I was with Irons, and I was getting great groups. The EO was faster lightning fast, but the groups wern't as tight.

That's called "the balance of speed and accuracy" and its more a function of you the shooter than the optic. You were using the 65 MOA ring of the EOTech reticle to let you know it was "go time". With the Aimpoint you didn't have this ring so you were waiting for the dot to settle.

You can get it trained out of ya. :D

The problem I have with both eyes open is I'll get double vision in a very short time and then I cant see anything.

Are you speaking in terms of pistols?

Because with red dots you focus on the target, and NOT the dot or "front sight" like you do with pistols. If you can look at someone standing 10 feet from you without double vision then you can shoot a red dot without double vision.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    That's called "the balance of speed and accuracy" and its more a function of you the shooter than the optic. You were using the 65 MOA ring of the EOTech reticle to let you know it was "go time". With the Aimpoint you didn't have this ring so you were waiting for the dot to settle.

You can get it trained out of ya. :D

Are you speaking in terms of pistols?

Because with red dots you focus on the target, and NOT the dot or "front sight" like you do with pistols. If you can look at someone standing 10 feet from you without double vision then you can shoot a red dot without double vision.

Red dots on rifles. My focus would shift from target to dot, back and forth. It's hard to explain. Maybe I just need to work at it more. I do have problems with double vision on a very rare occasions though. Thanks!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I haven't shot in so long I forget what my red dots look like.

RedDotCMS300w.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom