• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Do you feel like you could hit the right buttons in the right order under the cover of darkness? With a gloved hand? Or as someone is beating down your back door?

The SOP with an Aimpoint is to leave it ON all the time, so there is never a need to turn it on.

Total darkness. Most likely not because the buttons where small and on the side. Gloved hand. Ditto. Breaking in. Maybe. But Some models of the XPS3 have larger buttons on the back so most likely all of the above yes

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Total darkness. Most likely not because the buttons where small and on the side. Gloved hand. Ditto. Breaking in. Maybe

Switchology is another main reason I prefer Aimpoint to EOTech. The earlier model EOTechs were even worse-- the buttons were harder to get to and manipulate, and you had to hit them multiple times to turn it on and off-- very confusing under stress.

All Aimpoints have a simple single dial. Turn one way and the dot appears and gets brighter. Turn it back and it gets dimmer and turns off. This can be done in darkness, while wearing gloves, or while under stress.

And with the crazy battery life of Aimpoints, you never actually need to turn them on in the first place. Your optic is ready to go as soon as you raise it to your eye.

Do you have an SBR yet?

:stickpoke:

My SBR is from a broken home. :D

Fewer than 30 days to go. . . .

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Switchology is another main reason I prefer Aimpoint to EOTech. The earlier model EOTechs were even worse-- the buttons were harder to get to and manipulate, and you had to hit them multiple times to turn it on and off-- very confusing under stress.

All Aimpoints have a simple single dial. Turn one way and the dot appears and gets brighter. Turn it back and it gets dimmer and turns off. This can be done in darkness, while wearing gloves, or while under stress.

And with the crazy battery life of Aimpoints, you never actually need to turn them on in the first place. Your optic is ready to go as soon as you raise it to your eye.
    But Some models of the XPS3 have larger buttons on the back so most likely all of the above yes. I'm going with the 2 MOA Aimpoint with laRue mount. Since this is a SHTF rifle. I'll be able to take down pigs fast too

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Only problem with the Aimpoint I have is the sight picture is small and picking up the dot is slower than the EOtech

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    :+1: maybe I will get an AK too.

I hear it's excellent for .300 BLK also :D

And it'd be more suited for a 9mm carbine than a pistol. But it would still work. They also are making a really affordable 9mm pistol suppressor.

I know I pry sound like a fanboy, but for the product you get for the price you pay there is just no comparison.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    But Some models of the XPS3 have larger buttons on the back so most likely all of the above yes.

That's great-- until you try and mount a magnifier behind it. :D

I'm going with the 2 MOA Aimpoint with laRue mount.

IMO this is the perfect red dot/mount combo.

Only problem with the Aimpoint I have is the sight picture is small and picking up the dot is slower than the EOtech

Then you're doing it wrong. :D Not trying to be rude, but you should be looking through the Aimpoint with both eyes open. Your dominate eye should be looking down through the optic while your non-dominate eye should be looking down the side of it. The optic housing should fade away, and all you should see is your target with a red dot superimposed on it.

If you are squaring up with your rifle and getting a consistent cheek weld you should never have a problem "finding" the dot-- it should just be there.

:yesway:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    That's great-- until you try and mount a magnifier behind it. :D

IMO this is the perfect red dot/mount combo.

Then you're doing it wrong. :D Not trying to be rude, but you should be looking through the Aimpoint with both eyes open. Your dominate eye should be looking down through the optic while your non-dominate eye should be looking down the side of it. The optic housing should fade away, and all you should see is your target with a red dot superimposed on it.

If you are squaring up with your rifle and getting a consistent cheek weld you should never have a problem "finding" the dot-- it should just be there.

Pwned

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011

I had both eyes open, but even like this I was faster than I was with Irons, and I was getting great groups. The EO was faster lightning fast, but the groups wern't as tight.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

The problem I have with both eyes open is I'll get double vision in a very short time and then I cant see anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom