Not open for further replies.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Morning!
    My cable bill jumped up $15. I'm now paying $86 for 70 channels of cable and what they call "economy internet" its so worthless it doesn't even have a speed name :): and it's $22 of the bill. I was thinking about going back to a satellite dish, it looks like it would be cheaper and has way more channels. We had a dish about 10yrs ago but I was wondering if they still have a lot of problems during bad weather?

My other choice is change carriers and I could get the bill down to $67. and that one says its locked into that price till 2013, and then I guess they would try and make you their ***** too :dunno:.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Morning!
    My cable bill jumped up $15. I'm now paying $86 for 70 channels of cable and what they call "economy internet" its so worthless it doesn't even have a speed name :): and it's $22 of the bill. I was thinking about going back to a satellite dish, it looks like it would be cheaper and has way more channels. We had a dish about 10yrs ago but I was wondering if they still have a lot of problems during bad weather?

My other choice is change carriers and I could get the bill down to $67. and that one says its locked into that price till 2013, and then I guess they would try and make you their ***** too :dunno:.

I can't say enough good about Dish Network! they have always been real good about upkeep on the equipment at their cost! plus having over 250 channels, and our 3meg high speed Interwebs is 24 dollars a month! and it's plenty fast enough to watch movies, and very seldom to i get any interference with the dish! it has to be a real bad storm. :D

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I can't say enough good about Dish Network! they have always been real good about upkeep on the equipment at their cost! plus having over 250 channels, and our 3meg high speed Interwebs is 24 dollars a month! and it's plenty fast enough to watch movies, and very seldom to i get any interference with the dish! it has to be a real bad storm. :D

Good to know, when we had one 10yrs ago, any normall rain would interfere with it. :): Now I guess I just need to figure out what rooms I would want it in. Thanks Gary!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    :):
    It's a bunch of crappy channels though, there are less than 10 channels that I couldn't live without.

I only get the most basic of cable. Only because its like $5 cheaper overall than only having internet access through Comcast. Never really watched much TV.

But I'm sure if HandK doesn't have issues in the snowy north you'll pry be ok down south.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I sat down 20min ago with a roll of deer sausage and a block of smoked pepper jack cheese..and just realized I ate all of it! Im such a pig.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I only get the most basic of cable. Only because its like $5 cheaper overall than only having internet access through Comcast. Never really watched much TV.

But I'm sure if HandK doesn't have issues in the snowy north you'll pry be ok down south.

When I first moved into my apartment, I went with Comcast's CHEAPEST cable option, figured it'd be good enough. NOT with a little boy. :rolleyes: I "had" to upgrade so there'd be something on he'd watch...and then I "had" to get a 2nd box for my tv in my room so I'd have something to watch :D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    If you don't mind me asking, what do they make you pay for 10 channels?

I don't remember... I just know without cable TV service they add on an extra amount to only have Internet service. So if I bundle it that way I save like $5 and I don't have to mess with rabbit ears

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I sat down 20min ago with a roll of deer sausage and a block of smoked pepper jack cheese..and just realized I ate all of it! Im such a pig.

The other night I ate half a can of pringles in one sitting, and it was one of the big cans. I prolly could of ate the whole can but I stopped myself because that is just not right. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom