• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    On my way home I stopped by Madison County Guns and picked up a mil surp pouch with shoulder strap made to carry 6 30 rd AR mags. I figured it would be nice to have as a SHTF item to carry spare mags. Then I also bought 3 20 rd mags to use for target shooting.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    On my way home I stopped by Madison County Guns and picked up a mil surp pouch with shoulder strap made to carry 6 30 rd AR mags. I figured it would be nice to have as a SHTF item to carry spare mags. Then I also bought 3 20 rd mags to use for target shooting.

20 rnd mags are about perfect for use with a bipod :rockwoot:

:ar15:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    My PW'ing powers are weak today!! been out in the cold teaching a class, it's freaking cold out there, I think I'm going to get in the hot tub and hope like heck my Nads show up again!! :D

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    20 rnd mags are about perfect for use with a bipod :rockwoot:

:ar15:

Exactly :D

I want to do some Appleseed shoots in the future and my AR is likely what I will use for the high powered rifle portion. Once I earn rifleman, then one of the true "high powered" open sighted guns will come out. German K98 with waffen marks, or Mosin 91/30 :rockwoot:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Exactly :D

I want to do some Appleseed shoots in the future and my AR is likely what I will use for the high powered rifle portion. Once I earn rifleman, then one of the true "high powered" open sighted guns will come out. German K98 with waffen marks, or Mosin 91/30 :rockwoot:

I think for an Appleseed you need a 1903, almost doesn't seem right using a foreign military rifle for that :dunno:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I think for an Appleseed you need a 1903, almost doesn't seem right using a foreign military rifle for that :dunno:

I can understand that, and trust me I want a 1903 or a Garand so bad I can almost taste it!! I'm sure I will someday :rockwoot:

I'll prob be getting rid of the K98 anyways to help consolidate calibers. Picking up another 30/06 here soon for a long range build. :D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I can understand that, and trust me I want a 1903 or a Garand so bad I can almost taste it!! I'm sure I will someday :rockwoot:

I'll prob be getting rid of the K98 anyways to help consolidate calibers. Picking up another 30/06 here soon for a long range build. :D

:stickpoke:

always too many on the list and not enough in the wallet
    :spend:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My PW'ing powers are weak today!! been out in the cold teaching a class, it's freaking cold out there, I think I'm going to get in the hot tub and hope like heck my Nads show up again!! :D

I wish I was as rich as a cop with a hot tub.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    :stickpoke:

always too many on the list and not enough in the wallet
    :spend:

Ain't that the truth!!! :(

This 30-06 I'm getting is a Savage 110 in 30-06. I'm gonna do a medium varming contour match barrel, undecided on maker yet. Likely a Timney trigger, and Bell and Carlson Medalist stock, and optics I'm deciding on as well. But to start with I'm looking into the BSA that Midway is selling that's a 4.5-14x44 with 30 mm tube. Its their new Mil-Mil with first focal plane recticle. From the reviews I've seen it has performed very well, and I've had pretty good luck with BSA so far so I think I'll give it a shot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom