OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Ain't that the truth!!! :(

This 30-06 I'm getting is a Savage 110 in 30-06. I'm gonna do a medium varming contour match barrel, undecided on maker yet. Likely a Timney trigger, and Bell and Carlson Medalist stock, and optics I'm deciding on as well. But to start with I'm looking into the BSA that Midway is selling that's a 4.5-14x44 with 30 mm tube. Its their new Mil-Mil with first focal plane recticle. From the reviews I've seen it has performed very well, and I've had pretty good luck with BSA so far so I think I'll give it a shot.

You should also put Falcon and Wonders Optics on your list.

They are both sold at swfa.com if you want to check the different models. I have the Falcon Menace 5-25x50 FFP, its pretty bad ass

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    You should also put Falcon and Wonders Optics on your list.

They are both sold at swfa.com if you want to check the different models. I have the Falcon Menace 5-25x50 FFP, its pretty bad ass

Yeah I had heard about them, just wasn't sure where to find them. I'm fairly flexible when it comes to brand. Just can't afford a $1000+ scope. How much do those normally run?

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Oh ok cool, would take some saving up but I could handle that. This build prob won't be done for a while anyways. I'll have to check those out.

Well I'm out of here, gonna go get some shuteye finally. Have a good day y'all!!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Ain't that the truth!!! :(

This 30-06 I'm getting is a Savage 110 in 30-06. I'm gonna do a medium varming contour match barrel, undecided on maker yet. Likely a Timney trigger, and Bell and Carlson Medalist stock, and optics I'm deciding on as well. But to start with I'm looking into the BSA that Midway is selling that's a 4.5-14x44 with 30 mm tube. Its their new Mil-Mil with first focal plane recticle. From the reviews I've seen it has performed very well, and I've had pretty good luck with BSA so far so I think I'll give it a shot.

May I ask what made you land on 30-06?

It's not a bad choice, I actually used to have a 110 in 30-06(bought it for about a third of what it was worth) and it was a really nice gun...If paid full price, 30-06 wouldn't have been my first choice though.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

It's not a bad choice, I actually used to have a 110 in 30-06(bought it for about a third of what it was worth) and it was a really nice gun...If paid full price, 30-06 wouldn't have been my first choice though.

I'll answer this before I go.

Well I currently already have a Golden State Arms built Mauser in 30-06 that I love and is very accurate. I've always been a fan of this round. Alot of which has to due with its flexibilty when you get to handloading. You can download it to .308 specs, or upload it to almost identical to 300 win mag specs. Plus IMO its a very useful all around good round.

I do want a Garand someday, and I'm getting more to where I like to have more commonality with my calibers. There's only one 308 I want and it'll be a M1a/M14 variant.

And for the record I will be starting handloading soon. So I will be able to custom tailor the rounds for this gun. :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

The 1903 Springfield and the M1 Garand both shoot 30-06 and they saved the United States... why do you hate the United States :D
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PYb_anBMus]YouTube - The Otter Defense[/ame]

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    New holster today!

img1299008971874.jpg

$10:rockwoot:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'll answer this before I go.

Well I currently already have a Golden State Arms built Mauser in 30-06 that I love and is very accurate. I've always been a fan of this round. Alot of which has to due with its flexibilty when you get to handloading. You can download it to .308 specs, or upload it to almost identical to 300 win mag specs. Plus IMO its a very useful all around good round.

I do want a Garand someday, and I'm getting more to where I like to have more commonality with my calibers. There's only one 308 I want and it'll be a M1a/M14 variant.

And for the record I will be starting handloading soon. So I will be able to custom tailor the rounds for this gun. :D

All good reasons.:yesway:

The 1903 Springfield and the M1 Garand both shoot 30-06 and they saved the United States... why do you hate the United States :D
    YouTube - The Otter Defense

LOL, what did I get myself into?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom