• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I might already have found someone interested. :)

I saw in the original thread. A basset owner is true to that breed. some of the most awesome dogs around, IMHO.
    I never would have gotten one on my own, hubby had 3 when I met him.
    Winston, Honey and Prozzie. Prozzie had to be re-homed due to fighting, Winston and Honey passed about 9 years ago, within 6 mths of each other from cancer. Winston was 15, Honey 13.
    This evening we were talking about Maggie, she wolfed a snack down without chewing. SO I asked the hubby if Honey had wolfed her treat down without tasting it. He laughed, said, you mean Maggie?
    Love my puppies so much

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've been on the Walgreen's site ordering pictures. I had my computer with me today when I visited my aunt. I showed her a bunch of old family pictures that I have scanned in and she wanted prints on them so I was uploading and cropping about 150 pictures including my grandparents' wedding photo.

She had a lot of fun looking at them and said she hadn't seen most of them ever before. My dad has TONS of pictures.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    They do look adorable.
    They are apparently French dogs. :dunno:

yes sir, something good from the French. :):

Mom, I love looking through old photos. My Dad gave each of us kids an album 2 year ago, was old pictures of us as kids, Mom when she was younger, my sister. That was more precious to me than anything else he could have done.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    yes sir, something good from the French. :):

Mom, I love looking through old photos. My Dad gave each of us kids an album 2 year ago, was old pictures of us as kids, Mom when she was younger, my sister. That was more precious to me than anything else he could have done.

bred for hunting hare, bas in French is what Sylvain? Low set... thus, Basset Hound, they are low to the ground. Long ears to whip the scent into the nose, makes them excellent hunters and horrible pets if the catch a scent off leash. they look up and have no idea where they are or how to get home.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    800px-BassetHound.jpg

Not sure if they can swim or not.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Posted up with the "Other" terrorist tonight.

Got to see the "G" man today.
    Got to see Mary today.
    Got to see the "J" man today.
    It was a good day.

sorry I missed you. The G man come walking in to the station at 7am, he wasn't kidding when he said he'd be out and about early.

Sylvain, yes they can swim. We've ever put ours in the water, but I've seen many pictures and heard stories.

That is one BEAUTIFUL Basset

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My dad was a photographer so our "snapshots" are boxes and boxes of 8x10 prints.... black and white...that he printed in his darkroom. There are sooooo many that have not been scanned in yet. The prints I just ordered are just of my dad and his siblings/parents, etc. I have hundreds on the hard drive that I have been separating into folders for dad's side of the family, mom's side, our immediate family of my siblings/parents, etc. I have another folder for all of my mom's siblings and a folder for each of their families. I haven't gotten through all of the ones on the computer but once I do, I will try to get more scanned in.

I ordered a backup CD on this order so I can give it to my aunt for any of her siblings to order their own prints if they are interested in doing so.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    bred for hunting hare, bas in French is what Sylvain? Low set... thus, Basset Hound, they are low to the ground. Long ears to whip the scent into the nose, makes them excellent hunters and horrible pets if the catch a scent off leash. they look up and have no idea where they are or how to get home.

Yes, bas is low in French.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am calling it a night. I need to work on my crochet project.

Had another baby boy arrive today that I need to add to my list....two girl blankets and one more boy and I think I will be caught up.

One of our friends welcomed a grandson this afternoon...her son and his wife's first child.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I am calling it a night. I need to work on my crochet project.

Had another baby boy arrive today that I need to add to my list....two girl blankets and one more boy and I think I will be caught up.

One of our friends welcomed a grandson this afternoon...her son and his wife's first child.

haven't these young kids figured out what causes that yet? :):

babies will never stop being born

I am off as well. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. movie with the boys, maybe a little shopping. Hubby goes to sign his separation papers from Rexnord, his time is done there :rockwoot:

Plus I have laundry to do and a house to clean. :faint:

have a good night all

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom