mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I see Shadow was in here whoring a bit. I missed him. I missed BCannon too.

I had to take the neighbor to a consult this morning with the hospitalist to get her cleared for her knee replacement next week. We delivered a stack of lapghans (small afghans) this morning to the activity director at the apartments where she lives so they can be taken to the residents of the Alzheimer's unit at the nursing home on the campus there. I got a huge hug as thanks...that was good enough for me. I told her we would be making more after I finish up some projects I need to do for gifts.

I finished my niece's shark slippers/socks last night and got out the yarn to start the gift for my daughter's BF. I think if it turns out well, I will make a matching blanket for her since I am pretty sure I have enough supplies to do this.

Ham and White Bean Soup in the crock pot for dinner. It is a new recipe I found and it smells really good.

My deer seem to be returning quite nicely after not seeing many for a few weeks. Turkeys are coming back as well....we have about two dozen in the yard every morning now at about the same time. Last night, one of the does chased Lilly all the way to the house while we were having dinner. I think Lilly thought it was a big dog and looked rather frightened until hubby let her in. I was hoping the deer didn't come in with her.:laugh:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Never seen a doe chase a Cat before....You would think it would just ignore her...

I think Lilly thought it was a big dog. It was pretty darn funny to watch. We have had a lot of coyotes on the cameras pretty consistently.

OOooh. Mom45 is nearing 25K posts!!!

Why...yes she is!! Might have to run a bit.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mom's hubby better shoot them yotes, or your turkeys will soon be gone...

This has been discussed. He found feathers and bones on our trail in the woods the last time he walked the perimeter of the property a week or so ago. I have a friend that wants the hides and said he would tan a couple for us. The last one we took to the taxidermist two years ago has never been returned...nor has our $50 deposit. I'm sure all of it is gone. Taxidermists suck.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Uhg....Looks like I have to go to NW Wisconsin next week for a meeting with a customer.......

Don't know if I should drive or fly...
    Flying is easier, but I need to take a bunch of samples. And since the wife is off next week, if I drive, she will want to ride along. I like having her along, but she really slows me down...

Neither option is great.
    Fly the wife, and drive the samples! :twocents:

OFC :runaway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom