• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    I can message you the blueberry cake recipe if you want. It isn't a cake you frost...we like it with coffee or anytime...makes a good breakfast treat.

Yes please do. Perhaps I will surprise the wife with it one day. I love coffee cakes and similar breakfast sweets like those, probably why its hard for my beltline to shrink as quickly as I would like.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've had chops prepared traditionally by an Egyptian family and they were simply amazing. Didn't think I cared for lamb before that. (Other than gyro meat which doesn't really count)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hello mom45, sounds like your son is having quite the adventure.

He is. He posted this picture on Facebook of this homeless man and his dog. It is an amazing portrait...so much emotion in this picture.

IMG_6248.jpg

IMG_6250.jpg

A friend commented about the humanitarian aspects of the trip and this was his response.

"Thanks! I'm honestly discovering so many different facets of myself with this trip. Hearing the different viewpoints and ideologies from one country to the next is an eye-opener if nothing else. This particular individual was humbling. The fact that I'm traveling without a home of my own (and on a budget) has given me a peek at what some homeless experience. Before, I would have probably waved him off as just another beggar, but now I just want to hear what they've done in life. Where they've been, what they've accomplished and seen, and how they got to where they are now.

I wish I was fluent in more languages because the stories REALLY interest me. It's one thing to photograph an individual and try to figure out their story. It's something else entirely to hear that story and then to eternalize their life and existence in a photograph."

It makes me proud to see him growing and becoming more compassionate toward others. This trip has been a great experience for him. We have said it before that he will come back a very different person, but it is already happening.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Has anyone here ever had a photo book printed on any of the sites? Photobucket offers them and I believe there are others as well. I'm thinking that I may have a book made for my parents with some of my son's artwork since they don't have the internet....might be a nice Christmas gift???

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Has anyone here ever had a photo book printed on any of the sites? Photobucket offers them and I believe there are others as well. I'm thinking that I may have a book made for my parents with some of my son's artwork since they don't have the internet....might be a nice Christmas gift???

No, but I have used CVS several times. If you get their emails they offer 50% sales all the time...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    No, but I have used CVS several times. If you get their emails they offer 50% sales all the time...

I'll check that out. I found a couple others online so I'll have to some comparisons. He is wanting me to also check into getting some of his sketches made into postcards or notecards that we could sell to help fund his trip.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom