Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Different boolitz different colors. Soft/hollow point = grey ; 5.56 = red ; green tip = green

1 ammo box with G-I mags loaded .223.
    1 loaded with 5.56 and they are all MagPul
    1 loaded with LAP (green tip) and they are marked with green electricians tape.

Not punching any more holes in folks steel targets fro running the wrong ammo.

All the .308 mags are loaded with ZQ stuff.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    1 ammo box with G-I mags loaded .223.
    1 loaded with 5.56 and they are all MagPul
    1 loaded with LAP (green tip) and they are marked with green electricians tape.

Not punching any more holes in folks steel targets fro running the wrong ammo.

All the .308 mags are loaded with ZQ stuff.

:thumbsup:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Interesting way of keeping things organized.
    If you watch the "die hard " movie at the airport, you will see the bad guys switch mags, and note the color code. They were shooting blanks, then went to live ammo. Tape stripes on mags.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Interesting, I use bullet shape as a way of keeping high powered ammo out of low power guns. The 325 grain 45 LC stuff that goes in the Henry looks different than the 250 grain stuff that goes in the first gen Colts. I've looked into powder coating bullets, color coding might be an additional safety method.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Interesting, I use bullet shape as a way of keeping high powered ammo out of low power guns. The 325 grain 45 LC stuff that goes in the Henry looks different than the 250 grain stuff that goes in the first gen Colts. I've looked into powder coating bullets, color coding might be an additional safety method.
    Bullet shape is how I differentiate between 147gr and 115 gr 9mm. Suppressed versus unsuppressed, I guess I do sort my ammo.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have to keep a system, with older guns you just can't run hot rod ammo in them. The Henry and the Rugers work with stuff that would peel the Colt SAAs like bananas, an expensive mistake if I ever make it. The top 45 LC loads I run will go through a white tail deer from front to back. I would go bear hunting with them in the Henry at woods hunting range.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom