• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'm immune to the effects. I drink it right up until I go to bed. My eyes are already having a hard time staying open and it is just 8:30 here.

I hope everyone is well at your house, Rayne. It's nice to see you popping in.

Yes, we are all well. Daddy turned 96 a week ago Sunday. Caffeine just a little bit of it gives me the shakes and if I get too much, I feel like that cartoon cat who is clinging to the ceiling.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yes, we are all well. Daddy turned 96 a week ago Sunday. Caffeine just a little bit of it gives me the shakes and if I get too much, I feel like that cartoon cat who is clinging to the ceiling.

96 is a good, long life. I hope to live long as long as I can be aware and able bodied for the majority of it. I spend a lot of time helping elderly folks...parents, neighbors/friends and realize that growing old is not for the weak. I love hearing their stories though. The neighbor that I help all the time has a lot of spunk. I love her. She and I manage to stir things up a bit wherever we go. :)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    96 is a good, long life. I hope to live long as long as I can be aware and able bodied for the majority of it. I spend a lot of time helping elderly folks...parents, neighbors/friends and realize that growing old is not for the weak. I love hearing their stories though. The neighbor that I help all the time has a lot of spunk. I love her. She and I manage to stir things up a bit wherever we go. :)

I went to my great aunts 85th bday party over the weekend, then after that we stopped by my grandpa's 93 year old aunt who still gets around just fine, the only problem is her hearing is going.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

Dad has all his wits about him and is psychically in good health except for his eye sight. He is mostly blind now. He lost 50% of his sight when he was 89 and then last Labor Day had a small stroke that took all of his peripheral vision in both eyes. He only has about 20% now.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I went to my great aunts 85th bday party over the weekend, then after that we stopped by my grandpa's 93 year old aunt who still gets around just fine, the only problem is her hearing is going.

What??? Did you say something???

So, you are saying that talking to her is like talking to my hubby? We have some very interesting conversations. He has no desire to get checked for hearing aids.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    What??? Did you say something???

So, you are saying that talking to her is like talking to my hubby? We have some very interesting conversations. He has no desire to get checked for hearing aids.

She has hearing aids, just had to go put them in when we all showed up

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Dad has all his wits about him and is psychically in good health except for his eye sight. He is mostly blind now. He lost 50% of his sight when he was 89 and then last Labor Day had a small stroke that took all of his peripheral vision in both eyes. He only has about 20% now.

The neighbor lady has macular degeneration. She went for her injection today (in her eye) and told the doctor she cannot see much of anything out of her left eye. He thinks a vessel burst and there is little he will be able to do to get her vision back in that eye. He is going to dilate at her next appointment and see how things look. It sounds like the focus will be on keeping her other eye as healthy as possible. We see him every two weeks currently. She just got out of rehab after falling in July and breaking a hip. She is mentally sharp but her arthritis is really taking a toll on her mobility.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom