• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    She is much better but she still walks gimpy. She doesn't have strength in her hindend and falls frequently if she doesn't have her rubber booties on when on slick floors. She doesn't mind the booties at all which is good.

well, I am glad to here she is mending. I was so worried when I saw that on FB

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our furnace and heat pump is going on 28 years old. When we have to replace it I was wondering how hard it would be to put zones in the house? Like one zone is first level and second zone is second level. Any suggestions CM

The only real way to do this is 2 systems.
    Way to complicated to do with a residential system utilizing 1 unit.

1 thing to consider, when you upgrade the new system will have a more efficient blower and it will move more air. A re-balance might do the trick for you. Depends on the duct work you have in place.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    You and me both. I thought for sure when I took her to the vet that Monday that we were going to have to put her down. I even took her past my old work place so my former boss and the secretary there could visit with her one last time.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    The only real way to do this is 2 systems.
    Way to complicated to do with a residential system utilizing 1 unit.

1 thing to consider, when you upgrade the new system will have a more efficient blower and it will move more air. A re-balance might do the trick for you. Depends on the duct work you have in place.

If you do two units can you usually use your original duct work or do you usually have to put new duct work in to direct the air flow only to one zone. Right now, in the summer we close vents downstairs to force more air upstairs. In the winter we do the opposite. Close vents upstairs to keep more of the warm air downstairs. Is that typical of a two story home?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you do two units can you usually use your original duct work or do you usually have to put new duct work in to direct the air flow only to one zone. Right now, in the summer we close vents downstairs to force more air upstairs. In the winter we do the opposite. Close vents upstairs to keep more of the warm air downstairs. Is that typical of a two story home?

Yes.
    I put dampers in the system if the duct is accessible and mark them W for winter and S for summer positions.
    With a more efficient air supply this work pretty well.
    Also getting a return air upstairs helps a lot if it can be done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom