Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    More gun show asshattery. I went back to take a second look at a model 15 snubby. Just like the first time, the guys couldn't take time away from their BSing to acknowledge me. I asked his best price, he told me and then turned around again. Stood there for ten minutes looking at it and then walked away. Came back again (third time I'm looking at this gun... opened the cylinder, inspected the sights and barrel, the whole nine yards). Tried to catch the guys eye, but he was too busy talking about the Cubs and dropping F-bombs. I had cash in pocket and walked away. A-hole.

Last edited:

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    More gun show asshattery. I went back to take a second look at a model 15 snubby. Just like the first time, the guys couldn't take time away from their BSing to acknowledge me. I asked his best price, he told me and then turned around again. Stood there for ten minutes looking at it and then walked away. Came back again (third time I'm looking at this gun... opened the cylinder, inspected the sights and barrel, the whole nine yards). Tried to catch the guys eye, but he was too busy talking about the Cubs to and dropping F-bombs. I had cash in pocket and walked away. A-hole.

Some people just don't get it. This is a major part of why I haven't gone to gun shows in years. There's always those types of guys that run the circuit of gun shows that just BS for the most part and aren't concernced with doing business it seems. Then there are the other guys, whose booths its hard to get near because they are busy, and they have the right idea, they're there to do business.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Some people just don't get it. This is a major part of why I haven't gone to gun shows in years. There's always those types of guys that run the circuit of gun shows that just BS for the most part and aren't concernced with doing business it seems. Then there are the other guys, whose booths its hard to get near because they are busy, and they have the right idea, they're there to do business.

A man walked up while I was looking, and they stopped and were all "can I show you that one, sir?" :xmad: As I walked away, I actually said "I guess I need to bring a man with me if I want to buy a gun."

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    A man walked up while I was looking, and they stopped and were all "can I show you that one, sir?" :xmad: As I walked away, I actually said "I guess I need to bring a man with me if I want to buy a gun."

You need that apparently!

6065691642_d1a1f66efc_b.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    More gun show asshattery. I went back to take a second look at a model 15 snubby. Just like the first time, the guys couldn't take time away from their BSing to acknowledge me. I asked his best price, he told me and then turned around again. Stood there for ten minutes looking at it and then walked away. Came back again (third time I'm looking at this gun... opened the cylinder, inspected the sights and barrel, the whole nine yards). Tried to catch the guys eye, but he was too busy talking about the Cubs and dropping F-bombs. I had cash in pocket and walked away. A-hole.

You should have loaded a round into the cylinder and shot the gun up in the air.
    I bet they would notice you quickly.

I didn't know there was so much BS sexism crap at gun shows. :rolleyes:

Women are the fastest growing group of gun owners in the US.You're a moron if you're selling guns and ignoring women.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You should have loaded a round into the cylinder and shot the gun up in the air.
    I bet they would notice you quickly.

I didn't know there was so much BS sexism crap at gun shows. :rolleyes:

Women are the fastest growing group of gun owners in the US.You're a moron if you're selling guns and ignoring women.
    Yep. I refuse to beg someone to take my $500.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yep. I refuse to beg someone to take my $500.

I don't know what's the percentage of female gun owners but it's probably close to 50% like any other market.

Some new guns are now developed just for women, which is sexist since they are usually tiny pink guns or whatnot.
    I don't see why women need different guns than men.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    I don't know what's the percentage of female gun owners but it's probably close to 50% like any other market.

Some new guns are now developed just for women, which is sexist since they are usually tiny pink guns or whatnot.
    I don't see why women need different guns than men.

It's probably not quite 50%, but the gap is narrowing quickly. More and more females are choosing to arm themselves now days, which is good, we need just as many female shooters as we do men (we meaning the gun community). And as far as marketing towards them, we need more female input and more females helping product design. A pink gun will only be received by a few women well, make something more ergonomic for a woman's hand, but don't market it as a "lady's gun", just make a gun that works better for people (men and women) with smaller hands.

Holsters are by far the biggest segment that needs help with regards to manufacturing products for women. Most of the holsters out there are gimmicky, and the purses that are made for concealment, every female says the same thing, "they're ugly". There is nothing wrong with wanting to be armed and still be able to be fasionable.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It's probably not quite 50%, but the gap is narrowing quickly. More and more females are choosing to arm themselves now days, which is good, we need just as many female shooters as we do men (we meaning the gun community). And as far as marketing towards them, we need more female input and more females helping product design. A pink gun will only be received by a few women well, make something more ergonomic for a woman's hand, but don't market it as a "lady's gun", just make a gun that works better for people (men and women) with smaller hands.

Holsters are by far the biggest segment that needs help with regards to manufacturing products for women. Most of the holsters out there are gimmicky, and the purses that are made for concealment, every female says the same thing, "they're ugly". There is nothing wrong with wanting to be armed and still be able to be fasionable.

Gun Tot'n Mamas has some classy looking conceal purses. I don't think I'd use one, but if I did, I'd get one of theirs. All of the other ones I've seen are as big as a suitcase, with camo and studs and ginormous rhinestone crosses or skulls. :rolleyes:

Who would actually carry this ugly thing?

Vera-Handbag-Offers-Concealed-Carry-Handbags-in-Mossy-Oak-1.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Gun Tot'n Mamas has some classy looking conceal purses. I don't think I'd use one, but if I did, I'd get one of theirs. All of the other ones I've seen are as big as a suitcase, with camo and studs and ginormous rhinestone crosses or skulls. :rolleyes:

It looks like that purse is wearing a bra.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I don't know if there is a good way to know the actual percentage.
    If you just take into consideration the women who buy themselves a gun at a FFL then you might miss all the women who are gun owners because a male bought them their guns (husband, father etc).

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015

We have carried their purses before, most women said the same thing about their purses. We carried the Galcos for a while also, most women said they were ugly, and not enough useful interior space.

That purse is hideous, my wife would divorce me if I bought that for her.

I don't know if there is a good way to know the actual percentage.
    If you just take into consideration the women who buy themselves a gun at a FFL then you might miss all the women who are gun owners because a male bought them their guns (husband, father etc).

There isn't really a good way to do it without polling people in the community, and lets face it, most people in the community don't want to answer questions about what guns they own.

I would say that the number of women who come in and shop on their own vs their husbands buying for them is about 50/50, maybe 60/40 (men buying for their wife). That being said, we probably have 10-15 men purchasing for themselves for every 2-3 purschasing for their wives or women buying for themselves.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Lady Sd, at one point, I think I remember you saying that you were looking for a camper. There's one in the classifieds if you still are.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Lady Sd, at one point, I think I remember you saying that you were looking for a camper. There's one in the classifieds if you still are.

I've got one, thanks. I'll still take a look at it though.

I don't want to talk about trailers right now. I finally got the utility trailer finished except for the lights and plywood, but I had to flip it over off from it's back. Neighbor helped me, but I still strained my back. Hurts like a mofo. I'm icing it now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom