• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Growing up we used them all of the time....Several different sizes to fill different holes. They worked well for that application.

Do you have any experience with the spray thingy? Apparently you can just connect it to your tire and it will plug the hole plus inflate the tire.

Not sure if it's a long term thing or not though. :dunno:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Do you have any experience with the spray thingy? Apparently you can just connect it to your tire and it will plug the hole plus inflate the tire.

Not sure if it's a long term thing or not though. :dunno:

Oh. You mean Fix-A-Flat.....Yeah, I have used that a bunch of times. If the hole is really small it will work fine. Otherwise it's a temp fix to get you to a tire store.
    My old Caddy had a slow leak on one tire, it was leaking at the bead seal. The stuff perm fixed that.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Afternoon not going well Mom45???

i was thinking the same thing ......was just to skeed to ask...:nailbite:.....:)

I was getting ready to shoot my husband. He was trying to explain what he wanted me to search for online so he could change the radio in my suburban. He doesn't like the one in it cause it doesn't tune in very well. He pulled one out of a '93 van but the wiring harness is different so he wanted me to find an adapter. After I repeated back to him what he wanted (a bajillion times) he went to the garage and brought in two radios and a bunch of wiring stuff...set it down in front of me and proceeded to explain it again. I then pointed at what he needed to plug into where, and he said "yeah". I about smacked him...that was exactly what I kept telling him, but he and I apparently were on different planets and I have no idea what he thought I was saying.

Bad storm warning. Wind/Rain/Hail.

My lights are flickering.

Guess I shoulda put that new battery in the UPS.

I'm not sure if we are going to get it. I hope we get some rain, but there is a break between the two blobs on the radar so we'll probably be in between the rain clouds again.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Oh. You mean Fix-A-Flat.....Yeah, I have used that a bunch of times. If the hole is really small it will work fine. Otherwise it's a temp fix to get you to a tire store.
    My old Caddy had a slow leak on one tire, it was leaking at the bead seal. The stuff perm fixed that.

Thanks Sam.I never used that.
    I know that some car manufacture now give you a can like that instead of a spare tire, to gain room in the trunk and save cost.
    You can still get a spare tire but it's optional.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was getting ready to shoot my husband. He was trying to explain what he wanted me to search for online so he could change the radio in my suburban. He doesn't like the one in it cause it doesn't tune in very well. He pulled one out of a '93 van but the wiring harness is different so he wanted me to find an adapter. After I repeated back to him what he wanted (a bajillion times) he went to the garage and brought in two radios and a bunch of wiring stuff...set it down in front of me and proceeded to explain it again. I then pointed at what he needed to plug into where, and he said "yeah". I about smacked him...that was exactly what I kept telling him, but he and I apparently were on different planets and I have no idea what he thought I was saying.

I'm not sure if we are going to get it. I hope we get some rain, but there is a break between the two blobs on the radar so we'll probably be in between the rain clouds again.

Crutchfield is a good source of wiring harnesses.
    You need to know the radio going in, and the car it is going into.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hot and nasty in PRI

PRI?

Thanks Sam.I never used that.
    I know that some car manufacture now give you a can like that instead of a spare tire, to gain room in the trunk and save cost.
    You can still get a spare tire but it's optional.

I will never buy a car without a spare.
    Bad enough with a donut, but at least that gets you by for awhile.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Crutchfield is a good source of wiring harnesses.
    You need to know the radio going in, and the car it is going into.

They have the wiring harness for the radio but not one that the existing harness will plug into. He is looking for a pigtail type connector that he can just plug the existing harness into to allow it to then plug into the radio without needing to splice any wires. I don't think such a thing exists from what searching I did. I emailed Crutchfield and Installer.com that sells installation kids and supplies to people doing aftermarket radio installations.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My son was pretty cranky yesterday. When he was here the other day dropping off his motorcycle and other things he wanted to store, hubby patched his front tire after removing a nail and a staple. Apparently, there may have been more in the tire....he got out of work yesterday and the tire had 4 pounds of air in it. He had worked 20 hours and had been awake for 32...and came out to a flat tire. Changed it in his scrubs and made it home in time to meet the person who wanted to buy something he had advertised for sale. I think he has sold quite a bit of stuff.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They have the wiring harness for the radio but not one that the existing harness will plug into. He is looking for a pigtail type connector that he can just plug the existing harness into to allow it to then plug into the radio without needing to splice any wires. I don't think such a thing exists from what searching I did. I emailed Crutchfield and Installer.com that sells installation kids and supplies to people doing aftermarket radio installations.

I'm not sure we're on the same wavelength.
    Crutchfield sells a harness that goes between the new radio (radio you are installing) and the car.
    There should be no other harness.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom