mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It has to be hot. Hubby broke down and turned on the air yesterday. It would have been nicer if he had closed all of the windows first, but I got the ones he missed when I came home.

My son is bringing up a trailer load of stuff today so we had to clean out a corner of the garage this morning. I hope we made enough room, but it sounds like he doesn't have too much to go out there...mainly his motorcycle and tools. I think the boxes he is bringing will end up in the spare room.

I am back to making calls about pigs and pig poop...I am really getting tired of this topic.

Oh...and I think my Kitty Lou (the cat that is my baby that I have threatened on numerous occasions to have stuffed by a taxidermist after she dies) has tumors on her neck. Her neck is huge and she has hard lumps on both sides...likely on her thyroid from what I have been reading and not something that can be treated without surgery. They have developed fairly quickly so are most likely malignant. She had a rough start in life but has been with us since she showed up as a sickly kitten back in 2002. I am not taking her in as it does not sound like there is anything that can be done that would cure her and I am not going to spend a fortune on treatments and tests that will just allow her to live a few more months on meds. I told my husband, I will just watch and when she starts showing signs of being in pain or no longer being able to eat and have a decent quality of life, I will take her for her final visit. I dread that day, but I know it is coming.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It has to be hot. Hubby broke down and turned on the air yesterday. It would have been nicer if he had closed all of the windows first, but I got the ones he missed when I came home.

My son is bringing up a trailer load of stuff today so we had to clean out a corner of the garage this morning. I hope we made enough room, but it sounds like he doesn't have too much to go out there...mainly his motorcycle and tools. I think the boxes he is bringing will end up in the spare room.

I am back to making calls about pigs and pig poop...I am really getting tired of this topic.

Oh...and I think my Kitty Lou (the cat that is my baby that I have threatened on numerous occasions to have stuffed by a taxidermist after she dies) has tumors on her neck. Her neck is huge and she has hard lumps on both sides...likely on her thyroid from what I have been reading and not something that can be treated without surgery. They have developed fairly quickly so are most likely malignant. She had a rough start in life but has been with us since she showed up as a sickly kitten back in 2002. I am not taking her in as it does not sound like there is anything that can be done that would cure her and I am not going to spend a fortune on treatments and tests that will just allow her to live a few more months on meds. I told my husband, I will just watch and when she starts showing signs of being in pain or no longer being able to eat and have a decent quality of life, I will take her for her final visit. I dread that day, but I know it is coming.

Pets get into our lives/souls.
    They do not stay around long enough.
    I can not take the loss anymore.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Damnit mom, that brought a tear to my eyes. Those quick growing ones aren't good, especially in the neck.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Mom, my Leo had a Mast Cell tumor on his neck, and it was not malignant. I don't know if cats get them, but it might be worth having it biopsied?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby is tired of the house cats and wants them gone. He may get his wish sooner than I hoped. Skeaky is 18 and Kitty Lou is going downhill. That leaves Lady inside all the time and Lilly part time. Three of the five outside cats are 17 and 18 and all have lost a lot of weight and are showing signs of their age.

They have had good lives here, and I know they don't last forever. The goodbyes will not be easy...they never are.

My son just texted...he is on his way.

He found this laying in the grass by the garage a block from his house where he stores his motorcycle....I wonder who lost it! LOL!

safe%20door.jpg
    [/IMG]

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I remember when Leo had that tumor. I was fairly new to INGO, and I posted in the NW IN thread that I was upset that my dog probably had cancer, and I posted his picture. One of the NW members said "Small dogs suck anyway. Next time get a big dog." One of the many reasons that I'd rather hang with you more distant folk than my own local peeps.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I remember when Leo had that tumor. I was fairly new to INGO, and I posted in the NW IN thread that I was upset that my dog probably had cancer, and I posted his picture. One of the NW members said "Small dogs suck anyway. Next time get a big dog." One of the many reasons that I'd rather hang with you more distant folk than my own local peeps.

WOW! That's real classy.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mom, my Leo had a Mast Cell tumor on his neck, and it was not malignant. I don't know if cats get them, but it might be worth having it biopsied?

I am thinking about calling the vet and just asking her some questions to see if it is worth taking her in. Given her history, my gut is telling me it won't do anything to improve her quality of life.

This poor cat has had a lot of issues in her life...mostly related to the malnutrition she had as a kitten before she wandered in here with her buddy, Harley. We lost him years ago to feline leukemia.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

I am pretty sure I would have had some choice words in response. Idiots abound...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hubby is tired of the house cats and wants them gone. He may get his wish sooner than I hoped. Skeaky is 18 and Kitty Lou is going downhill. That leaves Lady inside all the time and Lilly part time. Three of the five outside cats are 17 and 18 and all have lost a lot of weight and are showing signs of their age.

They have had good lives here, and I know they don't last forever. The goodbyes will not be easy...they never are.

My son just texted...he is on his way.

He found this laying in the grass by the garage a block from his house where he stores his motorcycle....I wonder who lost it! LOL!

safe%20door.jpg
    [/IMG]

Huh... I am guessing someone is missing a safe with all their guns...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom