mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    He is already gone. Had to meet someone at his house that wants to buy a desk or something. He was cranky.

Rain appears to be over here, but I think he may end up driving in it from the looks of the radar, but maybe not if it moves through fairly quickly.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Rain cooled it down to about 70 here but the humidity is supposed to come right back and the heat will return very quickly.

I should check the rain gauge. I'm guessing maybe a half inch based on the puddle.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We are way down on rain. Everything is brown...grass is crunchy in most spots. And now we have at least two more oak trees showing signs of oak wilt. Timber....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The only red ones we've had so far have been on the patio plants. I have already had tomato worms attacking the garden plants. Picked a few cucumbers and zucchini and several banana peppers. Things are growing like crazy. Vines are growing practically in front of my eyes and taking over!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We have pulled 4 red maters so far.
    A zillion green ones.....:)

We've eaten one early girl, 5-6 big cherry, and about a dozen small cherry so far, and these are what's left that's ripe. Got gazillions more on the vines.

maters072116_zps2haimbjj.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm trying to be patient. I think the patio plants are getting root bound cause they are slowing way down. I will probably get them out of the pots and planted in the garden this weekend. Hubby's going to build me a planter right behind the house where I have the pots for next year.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have ours in pots on the deck because the dogs and squirrels will get them otherwise. I don't think they get rootbound in these.

Homz 17-Gallon Rope-Handled Tub, Set of 8 - Walmart.com

We've got five of them. I drilled holes in the bottom.

I use those for laundry baskets. They never break!

I bought a couple of big pots at Bailey's. They looked big enough until I put the plants in them. They fit inside a milk crate and I have them setting in them so they don't tip over and are easier to move since I can grab the handles on the crate and slide them onto the hand cart. The neighbor had hers in half barrels and that was perfect. I was too cheap to spend the money for those. I like the idea of a big planter to put them in next year and he has the materials here to build one so I like that plan.

I guess I better go fix dinner. BBL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom