• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    You can still buy new 85 Combats without the FPB and the SP01 Shadow and a couple of other models have no FPB.

Thats good to hear. I'm kind of looking through they're stuff right now. Seems like there's a decent variety between models and decent variances in prices for some of them.

Since I'm a guy who's used to shooting DA only for the most part or striker guns, should I get an SA only gun or stick with the DA/SA?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thats good to hear. I'm kind of looking through they're stuff right now. Seems like there's a decent variety between models and decent variances in prices for some of them.

Since I'm a guy who's used to shooting DA only for the most part or striker guns, should I get an SA only gun or stick with the DA/SA?

That's a tough call. I have an old pre-B surplus gun that is modified to SAO. It is a great shooting gun. But, to me, it is a range only gun. I guess it depends what you intend to use the gun for.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

:popcorn:

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    That's a tough call. I have an old pre-B surplus gun that is modified to SAO. It is a great shooting gun. But, to me, it is a range only gun. I guess it depends what you intend to use the gun for.

It'd probably be a range toy. I tend to carry the same stuff for the most part, stuff I'm not concerned about having to replace if need be. I might shoot it in USPSA some, but for the most part, just something else to shoot.

I think he's waiting for this.:spend:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It'd probably be a range toy. I tend to carry the same stuff for the most part, stuff I'm not concerned about having to replace if need be. I might shoot it in USPSA some, but for the most part, just something else to shoot.

Any of the full size models would be suitable for this up to and including the Shadow. So, it depends what you want to spend and whether you want steel or polymer, standard trigger or Omega, FPB or no. You will also have to decide if you are going to keep it stock or have it Cajunized.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    What's the difference in the triggers? I would want full size, all metal gun. I know a couple of guys that have tuned theirs, not quite ready to commit to that as my competitive drive is being focused on the revolver right now. I'm not concerned about the $$$ part as far as I don't want to spend more than a new PC S&W revolver ($1100-$1200).

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What's the difference in the triggers? I would want full size, all metal gun. I know a couple of guys that have tuned theirs, not quite ready to commit to that as my competitive drive is being focused on the revolver right now.

The Omega trigger is simpler and easier to work on. Some people think that the Omegas come out better after upgrading, but, that is very subjective. Either of these trigger systems take upgrades very well and will continue to get better as more rounds go down the barrel. The Omega trigger system is available, for now, on the P09, P07 and 75B Omega.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I think he's waiting for this.:spend:

Actually this is a topic worth discussing.
    When BA and his willing accomplice pulled me into the dark side I was a dyed in the wool 1911 no 9mm no way ever kind of guy. Hated fulcrum triggers and no freaking striker pistols. None.

I am still not on board with the striker guns but to each their own and what works for them.

I still live and breath the SA only 1911 platform but I have 2 CZ's (1 in 9mm and one in .45 ACP ) that I can literally shoot a ragged hole at 21' if I do my part.
    I rarely use the DA feature but it is there if I want it.
    Some folks struggle making the transition. Having the luck to know BA and his minion I was blessed to start out with the sweetness that is a "Tuned" CZ so the struggle was minimal. I have shoot the out of the box offerings and in a word.....They suck. This from a SA only guy so no offence.
    Get the CGW package installed and properly loved up and you will be hooked for life.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What advantage would there be for a DA/SA on a gun that would mainly just be a range rat? That's the only question I can't seem to answer. I think the SA would be the choice there.

No benefit that I can think of. I like DA/SA for carry. I carry on the half cock notch with DA as my first shot. Some people say that the longer pull of the DA acts as a safety but, if this is so, they are doing it wrong. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom