• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We were shooting a small farm owned by a paratrooper about half way between Lynn and Winchester, I was doing work for Astral, the big casket company in Lynn.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That's another handgun I have never fired, hell I have never even seen a Desert Eagle in person....

I couldn't do the same trick with the 44 magnums when they came out and sold mine after experimenting with it for about a year. I've never fired the 50.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Kent used to break these, he was big into them before NFA. I still have two, but they don't see the light of day much.:)

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    We shot the first rounds at a tree target made from 3/8 C channel with 3/8 plates welded to door hinges. First shot hit the swinging target so hard it ripped the hinge apart at the pin dropping the plate behind the target. The plate looked like the bullet had almost made it through so the second shot went into the C channel penetrating completely. I was shooting in Winchester Indiana so later I went up to Kent Lomont's house to show it to him. Power handguns were his game and that was the first DE he had a chance to get his hands on.

Dad and I visited him in his workshop and he demo'ed the M2 shooting from inside never saw so many florescent bulbs shatter at the same time in my life....bought my FA Uzi from him

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Dad and I visited him in his workshop and he demo'ed the M2 shooting from inside never saw so many florescent bulbs shatter at the same time in my life....bought my FA Uzi from him

Kent was one of those one of a kind people that I feel really lucky to have known well. The late 70's and early 80s were a great time.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Kent was one of those one of a kind people that I feel really lucky to have known well. The late 70's and early 80s were a great time.

Dad and I were class3 dealers at the time...Kent was a hoot to know and talk to, was sad when he left Indiana but I understood his reasons. Those were great times indeed and I am glad I got to meet and talk with some of my heros from those days.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bought and sold a fair amount of NFA items from Ken. When the Group Industries BAR's first hit the market I took one up to him so he could pull it apart. We would retell a great story about meeting up at the Huntington airport just about every time we got together. I was sad to see him move out west but understood, when passed on the shooting world felt diminished.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    We sold quite a few copies of "No Second Place Winner" in the shop and Bill Jordan would autograph them a dozen at a time when we needed restocked...I called him one time to order a dozen...about the third time I had done so and he said "Wade? Don't ya'll know how to spell Bill Jordan?" Another man with a great sense of humor. Dad spent a fair amount of time with Jeff Cooper and said the same about him.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Bought and sold a fair amount of NFA items from Ken. When the Group Industries BAR's first hit the market I took one up to him so he could pull it apart. We would retell a great story about meeting up at the Huntington airport just about every time we got together. I was sad to see him move out west but understood, when passed on the shooting world felt diminished.

Seem we got a couple of the Tippmann minatures, a 1919 in 22 and a M2 in 22 mag from him as well...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember those Tippmann guns, never did see one shoot. In 22lr I liked the American 180, but ended up losing money in the bankruptcy of that company.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hey. A psycho ex gf got her book reviewed.

10355416_10152036946925670_3016204520161002421_o.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom