• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ok. Don't blow anything apart.

Been at this game for 40 years or so, haven't damaged anything as of yet. I've read about work that was done on the 32ACP to really kick up the power in the Colt 1903 during WW2. It was an OSS gun back then.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Been at this game for 40 years or so, haven't damaged anything as of yet. I've read about work that was done on the 32ACP to really kick up the power in the Colt 1903 during WW2. It was an OSS gun back then.
    I am clueless to what you are saying, but, I believe it. I believe you know your stuff.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I am clueless to what you are saying, but, I believe it. I believe you know your stuff.

Back when the Desert Eagle was first released in the early 80s I went out and picked one up as soon as I could. The 357 loads it could handle were beyond all expectations. I won't give the numbers , but it involved filling the case with Herculese Blue Dot, packing the powder down refilling the case again and then compressing a 125 grain solid on top of it. Bullet went right through 3/8 hot rolled steel at 25 yards. I still have that gun, one of my few moderns.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Later ct2.

Back when the Desert Eagle was first released in the early 80s I went out and picked one up as soon as I could. The 357 loads it could handle were beyond all expectations. I won't give the numbers , but it involved filling the case with Herculese Blue Dot, packing the powder down refilling the case again and then compressing a 125 grain solid on top of it. Bullet went right through 3/8 hot rolled steel at 25 yards. I still have that gun, one of my few moderns.

Hubba hubba...:drool:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

That is so cool Leadeye!!!

Have a great evening Chock...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    :rockwoot:Got a BCG & charging handle in the mail today......

All I am short is an mid-length upper and I have everything to build another AR......:yesway:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We shot the first rounds at a tree target made from 3/8 C channel with 3/8 plates welded to door hinges. First shot hit the swinging target so hard it ripped the hinge apart at the pin dropping the plate behind the target. The plate looked like the bullet had almost made it through so the second shot went into the C channel penetrating completely. I was shooting in Winchester Indiana so later I went up to Kent Lomont's house to show it to him. Power handguns were his game and that was the first DE he had a chance to get his hands on.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    We shot the first rounds at a tree target made from 3/8 C channel with 3/8 plates welded to door hinges. First shot hit the swinging target so hard it ripped the hinge apart at the pin dropping the plate behind the target. The plate looked like the bullet had almost made it through so the second shot went into the C channel penetrating completely. I was shooting in Winchester Indiana so later I went up to Kent Lomont's house to show it to him. Power handguns were his game and that was the first DE he had a chance to get his hands on.

I grew up in Winchester Leadeye...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom