• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    so new rule at work is all staff, excluding management, MUST keep their phones in the back office and use them only on breaks.
    Kid today says he doesn't trust anyone to not steal his phone, he can't afford to buy a new one. told him I would be glad to lock it in the safe and there are cameras in the office, looking right at the desk where I asked him to leave it. Then he said he would leave it on the counter but he's afraid someone would knock it off. Told him to put it in a cabinet. Then he starts in on how 1 or 2 people ruined it for everyone and it isn't fair. If he sees so and so having theirs while at work he is going to start using his. I finally just told him enough, it's how it is going to be now, I don't care what so and so are doing when I am not here, I care about what my staff is doing when I am here. He left his phone and went to work

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    so new rule at work is all staff, excluding management, MUST keep their phones in the back office and use them only on breaks.
    Kid today says he doesn't trust anyone to not steal his phone, he can't afford to buy a new one. told him I would be glad to lock it in the safe and there are cameras in the office, looking right at the desk where I asked him to leave it. Then he said he would leave it on the counter but he's afraid someone would knock it off. Told him to put it in a cabinet. Then he starts in on how 1 or 2 people ruined it for everyone and it isn't fair. If he sees so and so having theirs while at work he is going to start using his. I finally just told him enough, it's how it is going to be now, I don't care what so and so are doing when I am not here, I care about what my staff is doing when I am here. He left his phone and went to work

The phone is an addiction. It seriously is.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    The phone is an addiction. It seriously is.
    yep I agree. I love looking at my phone, at the right times
    Like being a Kindergarten teacher at times, isn't it???

yeah, tell me about it

The kid who was the biggest offender admitted, "I have a serious addiction to my phone. I'm glad you made this rule"

why can't everyone be like that.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    the more I sit here, the more I remember of the little things that just set the day off to a bad start

One good thing, had a customer buy me breakfast this morning

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom