Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Talk about a blast from the past, was sorting through some old pictures and found one I had taken at Reinholt's for the spring mug shoot back in the 90's. I am sure many of you at one time or another shot Pinelane ammunition, was an inexpensive reload ammo from up in Vaparaiso. The owner of the company was Carwyn Dalke, an eccentric to say the least. I went up to pick up ammo for the shop once during the summer and he was running Camdex reloading presses in nothing but a jockstrap and boots, not a pretty sight. Carwyn loved shocking folks, this is how he dressed on a regular basis...always fun walking into a bar with him...and yes, those are purple knee high boots with that outfit!

a81cd486-6f19-4359-809b-7394734599d5_zpsbfusiqfb.jpg
    OH BOY!

Hello 451_

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    He looks like he could be a lot of fun.:)

At the Hemingway Memorial Shoot one year he was shooting a Winchester 1886 45/70 with a steel buttplate and couldn't hit the 100 plateputt target. Ran out of ammo and started shooting Jim Reinholt's monster 45/70 he loaded for his double rifle. took about 20 rounds and the next day Carwyn was bruised worse than any car accident victim I have ever seen, right arm down to the elbow and all the way down the right side of his chest was black, purple, and yellow...

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    At the Hemingway Memorial Shoot one year he was shooting a Winchester 1886 45/70 with a steel buttplate and couldn't hit the 100 plateputt target. Ran out of ammo and started shooting Jim Reinholt's monster 45/70 he loaded for his double rifle. took about 20 rounds and the next day Carwyn was bruised worse than any car accident victim I have ever seen, right arm down to the elbow and all the way down the right side of his chest was black, purple, and yellow...
    I'll bet he was. That's a pounding I could not take.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Talk about a blast from the past, was sorting through some old pictures and found one I had taken at Reinholt's for the spring mug shoot back in the 90's. I am sure many of you at one time or another shot Pinelane ammunition, was an inexpensive reload ammo from up in Vaparaiso. The owner of the company was Carwyn Dalke, an eccentric to say the least. I went up to pick up ammo for the shop once during the summer and he was running Camdex reloading presses in nothing but a jockstrap and boots, not a pretty sight. Carwyn loved shocking folks, this is how he dressed on a regular basis...always fun walking into a bar with him...and yes, those are purple knee high boots with that outfit!

a81cd486-6f19-4359-809b-7394734599d5_zpsbfusiqfb.jpg

Kinda sounds like my Uncle Bob. He used to work on heavy equipment, he would go to Goodwill and such and buy all the plaid pants to work in.
    It got to the point that was all he wore. Most were a little short for him also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom