Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't know what I'm going to do for supper. Working 7a-7:30p and then have to go home and figure something out. Maybe wienies and beans.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    One can only keep so much :poop: around.

I'm trying to get some things a bit more organized around here. Recycling where I can but some stuff just needs to go in the trash. I need to go through files and have a big bonfire of old papers. I think I will start with the divorce drawer...that is an entire drawer of a file cabinet so that seems like a good place to start.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I'm trying to get some things a bit more organized around here. Recycling where I can but some stuff just needs to go in the trash. I need to go through files and have a big bonfire of old papers. I think I will start with the divorce drawer...that is an entire drawer of a file cabinet so that seems like a good place to start.
    We started with all her journals 13yrs ago, and she had a crap ton of them. I just said, how much of this crap do we have to keep around, and for how long? Her reply was," Can we have a fire"? Yes we can. There's snow on the ground, and a brush pile. And I will help you carry it out. Took 3 hrs to get it done. And,now, we have to do it again. Paper trails. :ugh:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We started with all her journals 13yrs ago, and she had a crap ton of them. I just said, how much of this crap do we have to keep around, and for how long? Her reply was," Can we have a fire"? Yes we can. There's snow on the ground, and a brush pile. And I will help you carry it out. Took 3 hrs to get it done. And,now, we have to do it again. Paper trails. :ugh:

It just seems to collect. I throw out some of the bills when I pay them, but the credit card bills and those that might be needed for warranty or returns, I keep for a while. I need to get rid of old tax returns and that sort of thing. I also have some books that I think I should take to recycling...not ones that people would read but more reference type things that are pretty outdated. I was going to throw out the VHS tapes, but my sister crochets things out of the tape part and I'm thinking I could make some tote bags with those...or something. I cleaned out hubbies sock drawer today and gave him a bag full of worn socks that he can use as rags. I made him take them to the man cave to get them out of the house.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    It just seems to collect. I throw out some of the bills when I pay them, but the credit card bills and those that might be needed for warranty or returns, I keep for a while. I need to get rid of old tax returns and that sort of thing. I also have some books that I think I should take to recycling...not ones that people would read but more reference type things that are pretty outdated. I was going to throw out the VHS tapes, but my sister crochets things out of the tape part and I'm thinking I could make some tote bags with those...or something. I cleaned out hubbies sock drawer today and gave him a bag full of worn socks that he can use as rags. I made him take them to the man cave to get them out of the house.
    We have another 13 yrs to go thru. And it's not all her fault. I have my share of things also. Have to be fair to the wife.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have another 13 yrs to go thru. And it's not all her fault. I have my share of things also. Have to be fair to the wife.

We (me really) have been cleaning out all the really useless stuff one gathers passing through this life.
    There is way more than enough useful stuff to keep.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    We (me really) have been cleaning out all the really useless stuff one gathers passing through this life.
    There is way more than enough useful stuff to keep.

I let Mary clean out the old house...other than ammo and other gun stuff if I haven't used it in 2 years I probably don't need it but if I was there I would be saving stuff right and left

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom