mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I read on the interwebz that aluminum boats protected you from lightning. ..........maybe, I might have that backwards.

How are they in wind and large hail?? I hear that might be possible as well. Could be fun. Maybe DB would loan me his fancy helmet.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Did I miss it.....whatcha get.......:dunno:

15' Lund Fishing boat with a 25 hp outboard, trolling motor, fish finder, rod holders, anchors, oars, the works....for $800. Guy posted it on FB saying he needed money for Christmas. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Needs some cleaning up and maybe some new decking put down on the floor, but they just had the motor rebuilt in 2014 and it has great compression. New winch and jack on the trailer. They just left all of their stuff in it...tools in the storage compartment, gas tank, etc. He had the titles for both the boat and the trailer and I know some of his mutual FB friends so I felt comfortable dealing with him. Hubby is happy. The little flat bottom we have works great for some places, but this will be nice for the bigger lakes he has been wanting to go to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    15' Lund Fishing boat with a 25 hp outboard, trolling motor, fish finder, rod holders, anchors, oars, the works....for $800. Guy posted it on FB saying he needed money for Christmas. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Needs some cleaning up and maybe some new decking put down on the floor, but they just had the motor rebuilt in 2014 and it has great compression. New winch and jack on the trailer. They just left all of their stuff in it...tools in the storage compartment, gas tank, etc. He had the titles for both the boat and the trailer and I know some of his mutual FB friends so I felt comfortable dealing with him. Hubby is happy. The little flat bottom we have works great for some places, but this will be nice for the bigger lakes he has been wanting to go to.

:yesway:

Can not go wrong with a Lund.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :yesway:

Can not go wrong with a Lund.

They said they only had it out once in 2015 when they took it to Kentucky for a week and then it sat all summer. This will make a good winter project for my hubby...he can tune up the motor (they said new plugs may be needed so he plans to check it out) and clean it up and do whatever is needed. They said they repacked the wheel bearings in the trailer before the trip south so it sounds like they maintained things fairly well. Two guys were sharing it (cousins) and both are working 60 hours a week now and haven't had time to mess with it. Both seemed like pretty nice guys. We didn't dicker at all...just paid the asking price as we both agreed it was well worth that. The boat looks good and isn't all banged up or anything. It just had a lot of leaves in it and such as they didn't have a cover on it. We have a stall in the tractor shed where it is parked so it will be under roof.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I guess I better get to bed. I need to pick up the neighbor lady earlier than usual tomorrow for her hair appointment so we can be to her physical therapy on time. Busy day trying to get everything done before Christmas.

Night guys.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was looking on Ebay...they go for that easily. They told us that the rebuild on the motor cost them the $800 they were asking for everything.

I had the lower unit (the drive) rebuilt on my 60 HP Johnson and it cost near $800 for that work.

You got a smoking deal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom