The Official Status Update Thread: Part 143 - Happy Halloween INGO!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Dinner is over. Told hubby I am going back to work. He looked like he may not approve, but then I reminded him it is just for a few weeks. He seems okay with it. I like it because I have a way to make some extra money for the holidays and can buy him something without using his checkbook to do it. I also don't feel as guilty about buying for my kids if I splurge and get something he thinks is too expensive.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Dinner was swell......:drool:

Sounds good. We are due to have Salmon, it's been a couple weeks.

Our problem, the Wife won't eat farm raised and the Sockeye Salmon at Kroger is $12.99 a pound.....:faint:

My Seattle girl was spoiled by the good Salmon growing up, her Dad used to fish for it and took her with him...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Our problem, the Wife won't eat farm raised and the Sockeye Salmon at Kroger is $12.99 a pound.....:faint:

My Seattle girl was spoiled by the good Salmon growing up, her Dad used to fish for it and took her with him...

Well, when you can get sure. When you can't......spice it up.

I got spoiled on Fresh Halibut during my many visits to the Seattle area in my racing days. Friends fished for it, fillet it and cooked it on the grill in the infield at the racetrack. My God it was good.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

I read some nasty stuff the other day about farm raised Salmon, Tilapia and Tuna...I wouldn't eat any of them. We have a shrimp farm near us where they do it right. I need to go there and get some one of these days. Other than that, we eat only fish we catch like blue gill and crappie.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Still thinking 10mm???

(I hope so, I have never fired a 10mm)

The entire build has changed. Thank God I had not ordered all the big bits yet as I was on the fence.

Allen influenced me when I was dropping off the rest of the parts for my Mil-Spec so he can Ceracoat it.

You will like it, I promise.....:)

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well, when you can get sure. When you can't......spice it up.

I got spoiled on Fresh Halibut during my many visits to the Seattle area in my racing days. Friends fished for it, fillet it and cooked it on the grill in the infield at the racetrack. My God it was good.

I used to think there wasn't any difference. Until one of our trips out to see her Son, she took me to a fish market she knew of and bought some fresh off the boat.
    It was unfreakinbelieveable...........:drool:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Oh, speaking of her Son. Did I mention that he decided to take his Grandpas offer to move to Hawaii and take over his store???? Grandpa is going to train him to manage his tourist trap store/small grocery on Kawaii (sp?) and is going to give it to him when he passes.... Grandpa is mid-70's and is really ready to retire.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I used to think there wasn't any difference. Until one of our trips out to see her Son, she took me to a fish market she knew of and bought some fresh off the boat.
    It was unfreakinbelieveable...........:drool:

My GrandMother lived in Key West Florida from the Mid 50's until she passed away in the early 80's.
    When down there withh her we would go to the docks when the shrimp boats came in. Buy a bucket on ice....take it home and prepare them........Holy Mother.
    Also, the original Key West Shrimp house was at the end of a long pier not far from her house. The best sea food.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, speaking of her Son. Did I mention that he decided to take his Grandpas offer to move to Hawaii and take over his store???? Grandpa is going to train him to manage his tourist trap store/small grocery on Kawaii (sp?) and is going to give it to him when he passes.... Grandpa is mid-70's and is really ready to retire.

Good on him. No more starving artist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom