The Official Status Update Thread: Part 143 - Happy Halloween INGO!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm thinking a ham steak. I really want the butcher to quit holding my beef hostage and call me to pick it up. I have chickens on order to pick up at the same time.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    What'd you get a whole, half or quarter?
    I need to do that.

It's just the two of us so we get a quarter beef and half hog and that lasts most of the year. I think I told them 8 to 10 chickens and any brisket they have in the retail freezer should be put aside for me. The quarter ended up just over 200 pounds. We get a half of a half so it is a mix of all cuts and not a front quarter or rear quarter.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Dang!!! Forgot about that......That means I won't see the check until Thursday at the earliest.....:xmad:

I know exactly how you feel.

I guess I better go switch laundry and get my bread mixed up so it can be done before dinner time. BBL

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have been trying to get ahold of 3 people since early yesterday...Of course they all called me back at almost exactly the same time.......

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Ahhhhhh, a Beancounter.....:): Us Salespeople Looooooove to pick on the Beancounters.......Always trying to kill our good deals.....:):

(just kidding you, we are all part of what makes the companies work. I have always understood the P&L side of the business and would turn down deals that don't make sense, even when I was full commission)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Holy mother......spouse has me pulling everything out of the closets......everything.

Good in a way. Needed to be re-orginized and things passed down/Goodwill or discarded.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Holy mother......spouse has me pulling everything out of the closets......everything.

Good in a way. Needed to be re-orginized and things passed down/Goodwill or discarded.

I would need a Humongous dumpster to clean all the useless crap out of my house....Unbelieveable what my wife has accumulated... Not to mention the dozens of boxes I moved in when we got married almost 9 years ago that have not been touched since moved.:wallbash:

I quit fighting that battle. Made a deal, if she buys 10 pieces of clothes, 10 pieces go to Goodwill. It had reached the bursting point...

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I would need a Humongous dumpster to clean all the useless crap out of my house....Unbelieveable what my wife has accumulated... Not to mention the dozens of boxes I moved in when we got married almost 9 years ago that have not been touched since moved.:wallbash:

I quit fighting that battle. Made a deal, if she buys 10 pieces of clothes, 10 pieces go to Goodwill. It had reached the bursting point...

I am fortunate in that we both purge frequently (and have a ton of storage space in the house).

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Ahhhhhh, a Beancounter.....:): Us Salespeople Looooooove to pick on the Beancounters.......Always trying to kill our good deals.....:):

(just kidding you, we are all part of what makes the companies work. I have always understood the P&L side of the business and would turn down deals that don't make sense, even when I was full commission)

I could never be in sales.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I am the "Anti-Pack Rat" due to how my parents never threw anything away.......Ever. It took us over a Month to get dads house cleaned out and ready for market.

I really do not want that for my kids.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I am the "Anti-Pack Rat" due to how my parents never threw anything away.......Ever. It took us over a Month to get dads house cleaned out and ready for market.

I really do not want that for my kids.

I'm afraid we will have that problem with my wife's dad. His barn is so full of stuff. He wants to move soon which will be painful. I told him he needs to have an auction to minimize what he has to move plus it could raise some decent funds.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Do not look in my closets....:draw:

Rye bread is rising. I guess I need to go help split more firewood. This bucket is almost empty and all he has left to split really is going to take two people to get it onto the splitter.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I'm afraid we will have that problem with my wife's dad. His barn is so full of stuff. He wants to move soon which will be painful. I told him he needs to have an auction to minimize what he has to move plus it could raise some decent funds.

This is a loooong time ago, but when my grandparents quit doing the Snowbird thing and moved to Florida full time, they sold the Indiana place. It was full of crap too. But they had an auction and even after commission cleared a really nice stack of cash.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom