mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Macular degeneration is a *****! I need to visit my mom and brothers grave this week. It's been awhile.

That it is! She has been getting injections every six weeks. For some reason, at the last appointment they told her she doesn't need to return until September or October. The last time she missed one appointment, she couldn't see at all out of her right eye until she had the next injection.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That it is! She has been getting injections every six weeks. For some reason, at the last appointment they told her she doesn't need to return until September or October. The last time she missed one appointment, she couldn't see at all out of her right eye until she had the next injection.
    It causes a void in the middle of your eye. Gradually gets bigger. Sometimes surgery helps. Sometimes not so much. I'm sure she has good days and bad!! Hope it's a good day for her when you drive her around.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It causes a void in the middle of your eye. Gradually gets bigger. Sometimes surgery helps. Sometimes not so much. I'm sure she has good days and bad!! Hope it's a good day for her when you drive her around.

She has the type where blood vessels grow and block her vision so they do the injection to break that up. She describes it as a blood clot but I'm not sure that it totally accurate based on what the eye doctor told me.

Just heard a big thud out back but the chain saw started back up so I guess it was just a big limb. He is on the ladder cutting off the big ones before he drops the tree so I guess I should go supervise to make sure he doesn't knock himself off of the ladder. I'm hoping he gets that thing down before I have to leave so I don't have to worry about him getting crushed by that monster tree. I'm pretty sure it is going to take out a plum tree or two on the way down...just hoping it misses the cherry trees.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom