• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Hey, since there are a couple of ladies around, maybe I can get some advice. How do I convince my wife we don't need to carry everything we own with us just for a week of vacation? I may be exaggerating just a bit but the amount of stuff she is trying to pack seems excessive.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Hey, since there are a couple of ladies around, maybe I can get some advice. How do I convince my wife we don't need to carry everything we own with us just for a week of vacation? I may be exaggerating just a bit but the amount of stuff she is trying to pack seems excessive.

I can't help ya

I had a bag that weighed 20lbs when I left for 1 night. jeans, capris, tshirt, dress shirt. jammies. Makeup, skin care, toothcare, shampoo, conditioner, soap, hair dryer and straightner. Oh yeah and my meds.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I can't help ya

I had a bag that weighed 20lbs when I left for 1 night. jeans, capris, tshirt, dress shirt. jammies. Makeup, skin care, toothcare, shampoo, conditioner, soap, hair dryer and straightner. Oh yeah and my meds.

Pretty sure my wife's hair weighs 20 pounds by itself!!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

I try to pack stuff that all matches with each other. Any top can be worn with any bottoms and any shoes, etc. Also, stuff can be rinsed out in a sink, hung up, and reworn if necessary.

I can get a week's worth of clothes in one suitcase and one small bag for hairdryer, toiletries, etc.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I try to pack stuff that all matches with each other. Any top can be worn with any bottoms and any shoes, etc. Also, stuff can be rinsed out in a sink, hung up, and reworn if necessary.

I can get a week's worth of clothes in one suitcase and one small bag for hairdryer, toiletries, etc.

I should've gotten you to give her some tips earlier. We decided to rent a car for the trip just to be safe but its gonna be a small car. I figure with just the two of us, that would be no problem. But now that I see the sheer volume of stuff she wants to take, I'm starting to wonder.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    snap is exactly right

if I had to pack lighter, I could, by doing exactly what she said.

Clothes aren't really the problem. They don't take too much space. There are stores less than 30 minutes from where we are staying but she still wants to pack enough food to feed a platoon. We are getting closer to empty nesters than ever but she still has a hard time planning smaller meals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom