• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    oh and we had to make a basement for this machine - because all the gear boxes have to be dropped down out of it , and i'm still looking for the MF that's going to be able to handle these big ass gear boxes ,, the SOB's are huge

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Yep, I wish my Boss had hired me earlier, I could have saved him a ton of money. My Boss had never set up a factory before, hired a company to consult and contract the work and find the equipment. Didn't work out too well.

Why is it they never want to listen to the guy on the floor ?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    My brother is in the same position. He runs a graphics dept. The salesmen sell stuff to clients and have no clew to weather the company has the equipment or software to do the job.

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    We use to have die racks in-between the machines - to hang all our big wood dies on .. The corporate office didn't like that , wanted them all moved to the out side walls . Tried to tell them ,we did it to deafen the noise , oh they didn't want to hear that - they wanted to be able to stand on one end of the plant and look down across all the machines . Never had to ware hearing protection unless you was on the machine , and you could carry on a conversation with some one , not no more - now you have to yell when talking to some one . We even had OHSA come in and do the noise test and we were cleared -to not have to use hearing protection , had it retested after we moved every thing - now its mandatory all across the plant ,to ware hearing protection ,

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    We use to have die racks in-between the machines - to hang all our big wood dies on .. The corporate office didn't like that , wanted them all moved to the out side walls . Tried to tell them ,we did it to deafen the noise , oh they didn't want to hear that - they wanted to be able to stand on one end of the plant and look down across all the machines . Never had to ware hearing protection unless you was on the machine , and you could carry on a conversation with some one , not no more - now you have to yell when talking to some one . We even had OHSA come in and do the noise test and we were cleared -to not have to use hearing protection , had it retested after we moved every thing - now its mandatory all across the plant ,to ware hearing protection ,
    I guess that the chiefs will never understand that the job will go better if they listen to workers input.

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    I guess that the chiefs will never understand that the job will go better if they listen to workers input.

so true - it use to be -the old company - would bring out the job tickets and say line it up the way you want and run - we have to have x amount done today , and we'd line them up from biggest sheet to the littlest - that way by the end of the day you wasn't lifting all the heavy stuff .. not no more now they come out and say run it like we have it lined up .. The biggest thing is the way we had it - the machine was only working a lil - the slotter heads would be traveling one way (IN) the way they do it the machine has to go every ware - maybe from 11" to 190" in one set up and then back down to 13"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom