SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Just to find - we have no parts

Yep, I know the feeling. Our new plant in PA is giving us fits on our "refurbished" machines. "Refurbished" just means they knocked the cobwebs off of it and sprayed it with a rattlecan before shipping it. We are having **** break right & left.

Plus, our biggest machine is a complete *CF*. When we had the layout meeting last year for the equipment, I told them the way they were going to do it wasn't going to work. Well, guess what, it doesn't work. They fired the people responsible for the set up debacles, but it still has to be fixed.

I may be the "Sales Guy" for the company, but have been in the business since 1989. I understand the MFG process, having seen millions of dollars worth of product being produced. In my work, you have to be able to understand the process and capabilities of the machines, because people will often bring you custom profiles and ask "can you make this"??

All our crap "refurbished" equipment is always breaking and the part is usually 2-3 days out.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    We had a nice 38" flexo folder gluer .. The home office said oh you need a Big EMBA 3 color station blah blah and we'll take your machine and put it in our plant . Well they found a used EMBA -- was in Russia , and when that plant closed down ,it made its way to a warehouse in Sweden ,, mind you this was a machine built in 1984 . Well they buy it ,have it shipped to Tenn. Lots of parts missing , 16 months later it is installed in our plant . According to their books ,it should ( capable of ) 60 orders a day . We use to put out 40 or more orders out a day on our 2 color flexo .... We haven't been able to keep this POS running and the most it has put out in a day is 12 orders . It is a maintenance mans night mare !!!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Ya I love hearing them words refurbished

Yep, I wish my Boss had hired me earlier, I could have saved him a ton of money. My Boss had never set up a factory before, hired a company to consult and contract the work and find the equipment. Didn't work out too well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom