Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Intell ya I was sooooo impressed with all the knowledge Churchmouse has with those guns!!! He is on it!! Also all his race car and bike building history!! I could just listen to him forever. I seriously had the best time ever hanging out with him. He's a good guy. Very beautiful home too!! He's gonna help us out when were ready to fix our basement this summer!! Can't wait. He's got skills!

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Intell ya I was sooooo impressed with all the knowledge Churchmouse has with those guns!!! He is on it!! Also all his race car and bike building history!! I could just listen to him forever. I seriously had the best time ever hanging out with him. He's a good guy. Very beautiful home too!! He's gonna help us out when were ready to fix our basement this summer!! Can't wait. He's got skills!
    He is Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery Knowledgeable and one class act , I haven't known him long - But Im proud to call him a Brother

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What a contrast to the Thais. When I worked in Thailand, my office was next to an ex-royal palace. The Vimanmek Mansion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It was the King's palace. A beautiful mansion, the largest teak wood palace in the world.

Part of my job was to take our universities foreign guests on tourers of the palace. On the tour, the Thais showed a part of the palace that was bombed during WWII. The damage was left in its original condition, not restored. The Thais acted like America bombed them for no reason, as if they were innocent. They refused to accept that they were conquered and ruled by the Japanese during the war. The Thais claimed that they were never colonized, that they were never ruled by a foreign power. I helped perpetrate that lie. Every single time I took one of our guests on a tour of the Vimanmek Mansion I felt dirty, like I was perpetrating the lie of Thai innocence during the war. To this day I feel bad about it. I tried my best to make our guests realize the truth, but there was only so much I could do without falling out of favor of my employer. I hope that the foreigners I took to the palace understand Thailand's cooperation with the Japanese. If they don't it is my fault for not being more upfront.

This is the first time that I've posted or told anyone of this. To this day it haunts me for not being more direct. I only hope that those directly affected by the war can forgive me, for my defense to foreigners of Thailand was morally wrong.

I guess some people have their price. My honor and integrity isn't worth a job. Sorry

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom