• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Ok as evidenced by my posts here and behavior in REAL LIFE I’m approximately the NICEST guy to you bicyclists, but you just spent all your credit with me.
    Crossing 47 on the Boone Hamilton county line making people on the highway slow down, running blind cornfield intersections, then a huge gang STOPPED taking up more than a lane WITH OTHERS ON THE OTHER EDGE making me slow down to a crawl….for no reason, you all could had been on one side.

We’re big, we’re wide, and we’re heavy, and we’re done. It’s you, not us.

Bikey boys in here, tell your friends on your all forums.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I also might suggest that the “Harvest 50” come pick up their metal and plastic signs so we don’t have to before they tangle in the mower (I’d hate for a twisted piece of metal be be covered up by the grass in the road!)
    If we have to pick them up this year the whole thing might get accidentally rerouted next year.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Since there really isn't another good cycling thread:
    Last week I managed to get a Litespeed bike on my way back from Maryland. All Dura Ace equipment, FSA wheels, Chris King headset, fizik Aliante saddle (which is the most comfortable I've ever ridden)
    Tested it out last Saturday on the 5 In 50 Ride in Rush County, 54 miles.
    It's a joy to ride. Made sure I didn't obstruct any of the few cars we saw that day.

I had the serial number looked up -
    Well well...
    Just found out that the Litespeed titanium bike I recently acquired was a Vortex (top of their line) built in 1996 for their professional road racing team, custom geometry. Guess that explains the racing number hanger tab on the top tube.
    So the bike has an established racing pedigree. Unfortunately I do not.
    But I do enjoy riding it.
    View attachment 382433
    Sweet ride! My wife has a Litespeed to and I have a titanium Merlin. Enjoy!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Another Hilly Hundred on the books. SWMBO went the full 107 miles, I went 88. The end of the first day my quads cramped up, and I wanted to avoid that. We still rode most of the course together.

Bike report:
    The Litespeed was great on the more level and rolling parts, but doesn't have the gearing for those hills. Needs some more adjustment, though it performed reliably and the saddle was still comfy. Divine Providence kept me safe - I was going down a steep hill at about 30 MPH and struck an unmarked pothole. I thought "There goes me onto the road," then "There goes my whole wheel," then "There goes my tire!" None of those happened. The wheel doesn't even have a mark! Handled fast downhills well, but those brakes require a light touch.

Rode the Cannondale the second day - it has the gearing for hills, and a new fizik saddle. Heavier, but Hilly experience of more than 20 rides.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Another Hilly Hundred on the books. SWMBO went the full 107 miles, I went 88. The end of the first day my quads cramped up, and I wanted to avoid that. We still rode most of the course together.

Bike report:
    The Litespeed was great on the more level and rolling parts, but doesn't have the gearing for those hills. Needs some more adjustment, though it performed reliably and the saddle was still comfy. Divine Providence kept me safe - I was going down a steep hill at about 30 MPH and struck an unmarked pothole. I thought "There goes me onto the road," then "There goes my whole wheel," then "There goes my tire!" None of those happened. The wheel doesn't even have a mark! Handled fast downhills well, but those brakes require a light touch.

Rode the Cannondale the second day - it has the gearing for hills, and a new fizik saddle. Heavier, but Hilly experience of more than 20 rides.
    How many riders typically participate in the Hilly Hundred? I have a friend that has participated in the past, just wondering what the odds would be that you'd know him from it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Ok as evidenced by my posts here and behavior in REAL LIFE I’m approximately the NICEST guy to you bicyclists, but you just spent all your credit with me.
    Crossing 47 on the Boone Hamilton county line making people on the highway slow down, running blind cornfield intersections, then a huge gang STOPPED taking up more than a lane WITH OTHERS ON THE OTHER EDGE making me slow down to a crawl….for no reason, you all could had been on one side.

Live for 5,0000 parts per million HIGH SULFUR DIESEL.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

I don’t have any friends that ride bikes like that, sorry can’t help you. On another note an old woman ran a 4 way stop sign and almost hit me, I saw in time to stop. She stopped ahead of me and got out and came back to my truck and apologized! Said she had to get home to pee, lol. Told her no worries get home. Same week another old woman almost hit me head on, blasting the horn (both events in my car and truck) she swung so hard nearly hit a pole getting over. Theres stupid people out there no matter what they drive or ride doing stupid stuff.

Top Bottom