Not open for further replies.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I wish I would have saved them all. They were common. I didn't really think or know they were so old back then not would I have cared probably. I have them to friends at school and some I think are still I my old hotwheels box at my parents.
    i can't say it's still anything I'm really interested in starting to collect but I'll definitely take care of them for their historical value now.

I as well... I am sure they went into a shoe box which eventually got tossed. I don't have any now :(

I see someone just posted an arrowhead they found in the 'other things ingo'ers collect' thread

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I as well... I am sure they went into a shoe box which eventually got tossed. I don't have any now :(
    My family owns some ground about a mile away where "heads" have been found quite frequently. I have never been looking, but I know people who have found some.

Good afternoon Rob.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I never had any luck looking for arrowheads, have never found a single one...
    It's getting harder all time. What with people finding them years ago and, the switch to no till farming. Years ago the farmers would plow the ground, turning it over. Anything laying 6-8" under would then be on top. When the snow melted and the spring rains started in April, the heads would be visible, if you knew what you were looking for.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    It's getting harder all time. What with people finding them years ago and, the switch to no till farming. Years ago the farmers would plow the ground, turning it over. Anything laying 6-8" under would then be on top. When the snow melted and the spring rains started in April, the heads would be visible, if you knew what you were looking for.

Yep, it's very rare to see a plowed field anymore.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom