• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    It's getting harder all time. What with people finding them years ago and, the switch to no till farming. Years ago the farmers would plow the ground, turning it over. Anything laying 6-8" under would then be on top. When the snow melted and the spring rains started in April, the heads would be visible, if you knew what you were looking for.

Also, with the use of metals being rare in North America before the arrival of Europeans, most artifacts were made of materials that did not survive the forces of nature long enough for us to enjoy and learn from them. I am certain there are many valuable things yet to be know about early North American peoples because of this.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Also, with the use of metals being rare in North America before the arrival of Europeans, most artifacts were made of materials that did not survive the forces of nature long enough for us to enjoy and learn from them. I am certain there are many valuable things yet to be know about early North American peoples because of this.
    Yep! Metal rusts away, and wood rots away, but flint will stay forever. Unless its broken, and or found.

Good afternoon Supr.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Yep! Metal rusts away, and wood rots away, but flint will stay forever. Unless its broken, and or found.

Good afternoon Supr.

This is very true. However, I would love to see some examples of their craftsmanship made from wood, bone and various other materials. The insights into their culture would be invaluable. I firmly believe their intelligence and value to our current culture are grossly underestimated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom