Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I dont have a cell phone so it's not a problem.
    How do you survive without a cell? The world still turns for you? The sky hasn't fallen? :):
    When I first came back to a regular guy life I didn't use cells. Military, had one and only used it for voicemail. Then after the military and my new job overseas I had one for company business that I had to keep but I never used it for personal stuff, and when I quit I had to turn it in obviously. Then being retired I just kept a prepaid in the car. Never used it. Then someone on ingo talked me into gettin a smart phone and since they basicly do everything besides wipe your ass, and I've never looked back. I can't imagine not having one now. I mean id be just fine but it would change my social life. That's so funny because I'm not a big social person so for me to hear myself say I have a social life is kinda funny. I need friends to push me into doing things because if it's left to me to set up hang outs and such I just won't do it. Never got in the habit of hanging out with people so It's like a foreign concept. But if people tell me where and whn to be someplace I will be. lol. Cells with internet and text are great for me. I'm a face to face conversation person. Seeing someone's facial expression and them mine is key. Conversation on a cell can be awkward with some people. I have bad hearing loss so I miss certain things sometimes and things obviously don't make sense the so your gonna get a pause that's weird. I hear sounds but it's garbled and can't make out words when that happens. Text is quick and easy and I like it. But I still prefer face to face the best. Feeling a solid handshake and looking someone in the eye while talking is priceless.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How do you survive without a cell? The world still turns for you? The sky hasn't fallen? :):
    When I first came back to a regular guy life I didn't use cells. Military, had one and only used it for voicemail. Then after the military and my new job overseas I had one for company business that I had to keep but I never used it for personal stuff, and when I quit I had to turn it in obviously. Then being retired I just kept a prepaid in the car. Never used it. Then someone on ingo talked me into gettin a smart phone and since they basicly do everything besides wipe your ass, and I've never looked back. I can't imagine not having one now. I mean id be just fine but it would change my social life. That's so funny because I'm not a big social person so for me to hear myself say I have a social life is kinda funny. I need friends to push me into doing things because if it's left to me to set up hang outs and such I just won't do it. Never got in the habit of hanging out with people so It's like a foreign concept. But if people tell me where and whn to be someplace I will be. lol. Cells with internet and text are great for me. I'm a face to face conversation person. Seeing someone's facial expression and them mine is key. Conversation on a cell can be awkward with some people. Text is quick and easy and I like it. But I still prefer face to face the best. Feeling a solid handshake and looking someone in the eye while talking is priceless.

I know people usually dont believe me when I tell them I dont have a cell phone.
    The NSA probably hates it. :):

We can do cyber handshakes. :dunno:

computer-handshake.jpg

Attachments

• computer-handshake.jpg
      computer-handshake.jpg
      16.6 KB · Views: 1

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have an iphone 4S because it was $1 and I can play games on it. Otherwise, I pretty much do what I did with the old flip phone.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Its a bright shiny new day - the sun is shining and the birds are singing -------------------- well maybe not here - but hey ,they are some wares :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom