Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It could be just that people get used to stuff.

I was on a submarine. At sea, terrible conditions, long hours, low pay.
    When I went to the steel mill, nothing could bother me, except stupid people (they always bother me).
    Then I started not liking the outdoors thing, and never got overtime.
    Then I moved to the caster. Inside (mostly). And hours shoved down my throat.
    Every once in a while, I have to say, "at least I'm not on the sub", or "at least I'm not in the coke plant".
    But things bother me that shouldn't.

Then I hear someone complain how bad they got it.
    3 cars in the drive.
    5 TVs in the house.
    cell phone for everyone.
    natural gas heat with thermostat.
    Dont' have to hunt/forage for food.
    Don't have to cut lumber.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It could be just that people get used to stuff.

I was on a submarine. At sea, terrible conditions, long hours, low pay.
    When I went to the steel mill, nothing could bother me, except stupid people (they always bother me).
    Then I started not liking the outdoors thing, and never got overtime.
    Then I moved to the caster. Inside (mostly). And hours shoved down my throat.
    Every once in a while, I have to say, "at least I'm not on the sub", or "at least I'm not in the coke plant".
    But things bother me that shouldn't.

Then I hear someone complain how bad they got it.
    3 cars in the drive.
    5 TVs in the house.
    cell phone for everyone.
    natural gas heat with thermostat.
    Dont' have to hunt/forage for food.
    Don't have to cut lumber.....

They always want more my friend.....always more.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I could access this thread in the last couple hours. :faint:

I thought I was banned. :nailbite:

I saw your "locked out" post on another thread but had no idea what you were talking about since you were posting there.

Yeah, I'm sure as hell glad it didn't escalate. The dickhead thought it was just some dumb blonde he could intimidate, he didn't know my Wife. Kind of freaky, that's not a bad part of town or anything, just some nutcase. There are crazy people everywhere.

Dr office was good news/bad news. Good news, he doesn't want to do surgery right away. Bad news is that he wants me to go back to the other Dr there to have several more injections first. Those injections are NO FREAKING FUN.....

That being said, he said a couple of other things that had the Wife and I scratching our heads when were left. Not sure we are going to stick with this practice, might get an opinion from someplace else.

Sam - You may want to check his malpractice history on the State Department of Insurance web site. Claims/suits are not always an automatic indicator that they are a bad doctor as that is likely a high risk field of practice and I would expect some people who have a negative outcome may feel he is responsible even if he is not truly at fault. It could be due to someone not following post surgical instructions, etc. If you need any help and want to check him out, PM me his name/address and I'll see what I can dig up for you. This is kind of an area of expertise for me due to past work in the legal/medical field relating to malpractice and physician privileges.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    They always want the surgery as a last resort.

Yeah, I understand that. But he said a few things that just didn't make sense, I don't know that he was listening to what we were saying. Wife has a medical background and I'm not stupid, some things just didn't add up.

Wife and I have found that certain Doctor's have this attitude of, your 50 this is what's wrong with you. They may be right 80% of the time, but that's a lazy way of doing it. If I'm going to let someone take a knife to my spine, I need to be confident in the guy.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I saw your "locked out" post on another thread but had no idea what you were talking about since you were posting there.

I was not locked outside the house. :):
    I could post in other threads but not in this one. :dunno:

But I wont bother Robby with that.Mbills can deal with the problem since he's a mod. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I understand that. But he said a few things that just didn't make sense, I don't know that he was listening to what we were saying. Wife has a medical background and I'm not stupid, some things just didn't add up.

Wife and I have found that certain Doctor's have this attitude of, your 50 this is what's wrong with you. They may be right 80% of the time, but that's a lazy way of doing it. If I'm going to let someone take a knife to my spine, I need to be confident in the guy.

I have went through this when I was diagnosed with the Big "C".....I had to fire my Doctor and go elsewhere. It is why I am still here on this earth.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Sam - You may want to check his malpractice history on the State Department of Insurance web site. Claims/suits are not always an automatic indicator that they are a bad doctor as that is likely a high risk field of practice and I would expect some people who have a negative outcome may feel he is responsible even if he is not truly at fault. It could be due to someone not following post surgical instructions, etc. If you need any help and want to check him out, PM me his name/address and I'll see what I can dig up for you. This is kind of an area of expertise for me due to past work in the legal/medical field relating to malpractice and physician privileges.

Thanks Mom45, I will do that when we settle on someone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom