• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Well I didn't manufacture the stuff but as far as I know I was.

haha gotcha...let me know if you ever try gum or patches again.

I've got a whole bunch of other tips if you're ever interested. I won't shove them down your throat (:naughty:) but it's a standing offer.

And for those keeping track at home: yes, I did kick my own filthy habit.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I agree. But I'm not replacing anything. I'm already addicted to smoking. Both the act of doing it and the nicotine. How is that replacing one addiction with another?

I mean replacing one substance with another or behavior. When I quit drinking I found that I was staying up until 3 or 4 in the morning hanging with the guys. I went from being a wreck from drinking to a wreck from lack of sleep.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I realize it sounds like I'm ragging on you which is not my intention. I tried quitting many times and using many crutches. The only thing that actually worked (for me) was saying "**** you, I'm not letting a dried up little plant control me".

Good luck, I hope you are successful in quitting!

No not at all.

And I appreciate the advice, truly I do. But I also know that we're all different. And I know cold turkey doesn't work for me. I know I NEED something to help me. And I'm going to do whatever I have to do to figure out what that is :)

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I mean replacing one substance with another or behavior. When I quit drinking I found that I was staying up until 3 or 4 in the morning hanging with the guys. I went from being a wreck from drinking to a wreck from lack of sleep.

Gotcha. For me, here are two parts to my addiction. The worst part of my addiction is the actual smoking part. Lighting a cigarette, smoking the whole thing, flipping the ashes off, stubbing it out. The act itself. THAT is what I'm trying to break. I can still pick up my vape, hit it once or twice, and get my nicotine. Now I only have one addiction to deal with stopping instead of two. Once the first one is under control I can work on the second one.....if that makes sense

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Gotcha. For me, here are two parts to my addiction. The worst part of my addiction is the actual smoking part. Lighting a cigarette, smoking the whole thing, flipping the ashes off, stubbing it out. The act itself. THAT is what I'm trying to break. I can still pick up my vape, hit it once or twice, and get my nicotine. Now I only have one addiction to deal with stopping instead of two. Once the first one is under control I can work on the second one.....if that makes sense
    I know that all too well. Its the habit, muscle memory if you will.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom