• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Baby steps. I believe it will be easier for me to stop this than actual cigarettes. Been there done that. The other ways I've tried didn't work. This is my last option. Well this or someone kidnapping me and holding me hostage for months

You tried the patches and gum before?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Wife decided 3 years ago she was done. Put them down, walked away and never looked back. 1st you have to really want it. Then you have to do it.
    I have never had that addiction so I can only go by what I have been told. I know it is tough.

Its a hell of a lot tougher than quitting booze.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Oh absolutely. Anything can become a habit. But I have to stop with the actual cigarettes first. Then I can progress onto stopping the vaping too

I hear this theory a lot and can't wrap my head around it. Why give yourself something else to quit in the future? Then you have to quit something twice instead of just sucking it up the first time.

I know everyone has different tolerances for discomfort etc, but for me, after smoking 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day for almost 15 years, this biggest part of the "suck" was over after 3 days of ZERO nicotine. After that it was just maintenance.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I hear this theory a lot and can't wrap my head around it. Why give yourself something else to quit in the future? Then you have to quit something twice instead of just sucking it up the first time.

I know everyone has different tolerances for discomfort etc, but for me, after smoking 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day for almost 15 years, this biggest part of the "suck" was over after 3 days of ZERO nicotine. After that it was just maintenance.

Been there and done it. No go. So either this will work or I won't be quitting...at least not at this point anyway.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

With Any addiction one must be careful about replacing one addiction with another.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Baby steps. I believe it will be easier for me to stop this than actual cigarettes. Been there done that. The other ways I've tried didn't work. This is my last option. Well this or someone kidnapping me and holding me hostage for months

I realize it sounds like I'm ragging on you which is not my intention. I tried quitting many times and using many crutches. The only thing that actually worked (for me) was saying "**** you, I'm not letting a dried up little plant control me".

Good luck, I hope you are successful in quitting!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

For some people cold turkey works better than anything, but statistically people are a lot more successful using some sort of nicotine replacement therapy. I've never been a smoker, but I can't imagine that I'd be able to quit cold turkey :faint:

EVERYTHING!!!

Not to be "that guy" but were you actually using them correctly?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I realize it sounds like I'm ragging on you which is not my intention. I tried quitting many times and using many crutches. The only thing that actually worked (for me) was saying "**** you, I'm not letting a dried up little plant control me".

Good luck, I hope you are successful in quitting!

Me too.

You have to want it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom