• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Nice. Tomorrow will be better drinks. I love sazerac over old fashions. but few know how to make it correctly

The old fashioned is my drink of choice. I make mine very simply. I use Rye, angostura bitters, orange bitters, ice, sugar, and water. I'm not a huge cognac fan. When I lived in Thailand, I was always treated to Hennessy at parties. I got burned out on it.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Its easy to get burned out on drinks.... I especially try to mix it up now for that reason.....

On unreated note..... why were you in thialand? You scuba>?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Its easy to get burned out on drinks.... I especially try to mix it up now for that reason.....

On unreated note..... why were you in thialand? You scuba>?

I was diving for fun. My real job was as an international affairs officer at a royal university in the Kingdom of Thailand. I was the token white guy who was expected to socialize with the schools foreign guests. I was wined and dined for various parties on at least a weekly basis. I was paid to take out the foreign guests, entertain them, do some teaching, edit English language publications, and do some research. The best part of my job was the travel. I got to go all over Asia and stay at 5 star resorts for "conferences" at no cost. The worst part was my dress uniform. I looked like an admiral with all the ribbons I had to wear.

grandpacific01.jpg

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Yep... pretty sure you where wearing that ged-up on NFA day. I just got my open water thus why I was asking bout scuba. sounds like a fun job to have... more fun then automating insurance websites.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Yep... pretty sure you where wearing that ged-up on NFA day. I just got my open water thus why I was asking bout scuba. sounds like a fun job to have... more fun then automating insurance websites.

What shop did you get your open water though? I am a dive master and help with SCUBA classes.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    diver supply indy

I have some friends that go to diver supply for their air fills. Hit me up if you want to go diving this summer at any local sites to build your experience. I camp everywhere I dive, so it doesn't cost much. Most summers I dive at Gilboa, near Lima, OH, Blue Springs in Hopkinsville, KY, and my favorite is Mermet Springs in Metropolis, IL.

Gilboa Quarry Scuba Diving

Pennyroyal Scuba Center | Blue Springs Resort, Inc. | Hopkinsville, Ky

Mermet Springs Scuba Diving, Training and Travel

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I did my check out in gilboa in october or November (cant remember)... but what an awesome place.

Im still trying to accumulate funds for gear.... but shooting supplies always bring my disposable income down

But I will take you up on that offer... I dont want to loose the skills I learned

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom