Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I think good. I am bribing her home tonight with fresh bread and venison stew. BF will be at work when she gets off of work so I suggested she get some of her belongings from the apartment and bring them here since she is planning to spend the night so she can think this through. Once she is here, I think we are on the right path. She is texting me that her mind is made up so once we have her home, I plan to talk to her about abusive/controlling relationships, etc. Printed out a few things she can read through to see if she recognizes patterns that have been taking place. Pretty sure it will hit home. I printed stuff that isn't about super abusive stuff, just the early signs such as promising to change, things that are said, guilt trips, etc. I don't plan to badmouth him...just point out her self-worth and focus on how she is unhappy in the relationship since she keeps stating that to me.
    Be a good listener. I know you will be.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I think good. I am bribing her home tonight with fresh bread and venison stew. BF will be at work when she gets off of work so I suggested she get some of her belongings from the apartment and bring them here since she is planning to spend the night so she can think this through. Once she is here, I think we are on the right path. She is texting me that her mind is made up so once we have her home, I plan to talk to her about abusive/controlling relationships, etc. Printed out a few things she can read through to see if she recognizes patterns that have been taking place. Pretty sure it will hit home. I printed stuff that isn't about super abusive stuff, just the early signs such as promising to change, things that are said, guilt trips, etc. I don't plan to badmouth him...just point out her self-worth and focus on how she is unhappy in the relationship since she keeps stating that to me.
    Yup, you got to explain that he'll only get worse as time goes on. And then to bring children into an abusive relationship would be a crime. She needs to get out while the getting is good.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Be a good listener. I know you will be.

Yup, you got to explain that he'll only get worse as time goes on. And then to bring children into an abusive relationship would be a crime. She needs to get out while the getting is good.

I'm going to do my best to be understanding and let her talk. It helps that I have been in her shoes. I agree dad...better to get out before there are children involved. I had two children and hadn't worked for four years when I left. She is childless and has two jobs. I am going to focus on the positives in her life.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I'm going to do my best to be understanding and let her talk. It helps that I have been in her shoes. I agree dad...better to get out before there are children involved. I had two children and hadn't worked for four years when I left. She is childless and has two jobs. I am going to focus on the positives in her life.
    Controlling men often marry then keep the wives raising kids and not working so they have to rely on them more. I raised my daughter to be very independent. I don't want her to be with a man cause she has to, but because she wants to.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Controlling men often marry then keep the wives raising kids and not working so they have to rely on them more. I raised my daughter to be very independent. I don't want her to be with a man cause she has to, but because she wants to.

I actually chose to stay home with my kids. I knew I could find a job and make it on my own so I took a leap of faith and left. It worked out and we survived. Then, I met my current hubby and he took us in. He had no idea how close we were to being on the street when that happened, but I knew. He knows now. At the time, I was too proud to share that with him.

I'm thinking this also.

We already discussed how he is not going to change even though he keeps promising he will. I printed some stuff out for her to read and plan to leave it on the dresser for her. She can read it when she is ready that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom