Not open for further replies.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Fun story:

To begin, it is important to know that my text tone on my phone is "'Murica... **** YEAH!!" from Team America (and frequently referenced on INGO).

Today my wife and I were shopping in a Halal market on the West side of Indy (we both love ethnic food and once we find a favorite dish, we like to learn to cook it). We were a little out of our comfort zone and weren't sure how the employee and other shoppers would react us (being very white-bread American and certainly not their normal clientele).

We got a couple strange looks, but nothing unexpected. At first the clerk seemed rude, but I soon learned that he spoke very little English. A lady in line had a full cart and insisted we go ahead of her since we only had a few items. She also helped translate to the clerk for us. When she saw what we were purchasing she gave us some tips to help it come out right and even went and grabbed some seasonings for us to try. Just as we were paying, I felt the vibration in my pocket of an incoming text. With ninja-like quickness, I managed to silence it by the end of "'Muric..."

Normally I don't care who I offend, but this lady had been very nice and helpful in a situation where she certainly didn't need to, and she had her young kids with her. I would have actually felt bad had I subjected her and her kids to a loud and resounding "**** YEAH!!" from my pocket.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Who wants to come over and help me communicate with demons using my Ouija Board? Bacon cookies go well with demon possessions!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom