Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the old days, anyone could get one. How long has he had it, is the question? Now you have to have all your state and local business papers, and, wait for it,..... Be zoned for a business.

I know 2 FFL's that operate out of their homes in non-business zoned neighborhoods. They had the inspections there and the whole nine yards. Just saying.

Have you tried to get an FFL???

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I know 2 FFL's that operate out of their homes in non-business zoned neighborhoods. They had the inspections there and the whole nine yards. Just saying.

We have a friend whose son or nephew is applying for his FFL. He has to get a variance for his property to have a business before he will get his FFL so all of his neighbors will be informed of the variance request.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I heard that was a myth. I technically have a commercial zoned building in the family. Big worst case I had to use that I would.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a myth. Back in the '80's several friends had ffl's. Look around INGO, we are all gun nuts, but very few have an FFL. Coincidence? The ATF has become a severe roadblock in the past 6 + years. If you can get it done, I wish you the best.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

Same question. How long have they had the FFL?

I looked into it briefly, but never pursued it.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I don't want any more paperwork/headache than I already have at work...my hobby does not need to add to that. I'll leave the FFL's to someone else and just give them my money.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    There has been a lot of controversy about how hard the ATF has made it to get an FFL. Make a significant portion of your income from firearms, without one, and you're in violation of the law. Apply for one without being zoned as a storefront and they deny you. It's a democrat catch 22, by design.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There has been a lot of controversy about how hard the ATF has made it to get an FFL. Make a significant portion of your income from firearms, without one, and you're in violation of the law. Apply for one without being zoned as a storefront and they deny you. It's a democrat catch 22, by design.

24011790.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If you can not directly change the written law then usurp it with regulations and double speak.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    You can stretch it, there's not really a bone in there....... Wait, what exactly are you guys talking about?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yep see too much headache. If it's all that I'll really have to be pushed hard to do it. I do not want a storefront. I do not want to have to ask permission from any level of govt to become "zoned" to get my ffl. Maybe I'll get ahold of a lawyer one day. Tonight I all gave me a headache lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom