mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I know Andrew and the guys at Profire, I was there Friday getting my lower. This totally sucks, I will believe what Andrew has said, as I have no reason to doubt him, he has never steered me a foul.

All of these posts that describe him with such loyalty are what makes me question what made him think it was okay to leave that type of stuff in the trailer. That just does not add up with what my initial thoughts.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It only took us eight hours because our train ran over an elderly man. :twocents:

I was in Chicago during the big blizzard this year. I was supposed to come back on a Sunday, buy every train was canceled through Thursday. I wasn't happy to be trapped in Chicago for so long. Amtrak was absolutely worthless on trying to reschedule my ticket.
    Yeah sucks that an old man inconvenienced you with his suicide and you had to wait for the authorities to investigate a death according to the law.
    during the blizzard the roads were probably closed too and I bet CSX closed their tracks for access. Again I think your angry at the wrong people.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    All of these posts that describe him with such loyalty are what makes me question what made him think it was okay to leave that type of stuff in the trailer. That just does not add up with what my initial thoughts.

I get that, and have wondered the same. I don't leave my **** in my truck overnight, If I had that in a trailer, I would make sure it was guarded.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wonder how many aren't posting because they don't feel the same way about him? Food for thought

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I get that, and have wondered the same. I don't leave my **** in my truck overnight, If I had that in a trailer, I would make sure it was guarded.

I wonder how many aren't posting because they don't feel the same way about him? Food for thought

Good points. I guess I will just wait and see what we hear as the investigation continues or if we ever really hear what the outcome is.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Yeah sucks that an old man inconvenienced you with his suicide and you had to wait for the authorities to investigate a death according to the law.
    during the blizzard the roads were probably closed too and I bet CSX closed their tracks for access. Again I think your angry at the wrong people.

It wasn't a suicide, just an old guy who shouldn't have had a license. There was a hill on the other side of the tracks. Apparently the old guy couldn't get his vehicle up the hill in the snow. He decided that the best course of action was to back onto the train tracks to get a running start. He had to be cut out of his car after being hit. Somehow he and his wife walked away, which was impressive considering he was probably in his mid-80's. We had to wait for hours for a new crew to be driven to our train while ours was taken away to be drug tested. :rolleyes:

There were trains running as early as Monday night on the tracks. Amtrak just kept saying that their trains were unreliable in the cold weather and wouldn't work properly. When we finally did get to leave four days late, the toilets didn't work. They were all frozen. Amtrak is a perfect example as to why the government shouldn't be involved in the train industry.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It wasn't a suicide, just an old guy who shouldn't have had a license. There was a hill on the other side of the tracks. Apparently the old guy couldn't get his vehicle up the hill in the snow. He decided that the best course of action was to back onto the train tracks to get a running start. He had to be cut out of his car after being hit. Somehow he and his wife walked away, which was impressive considering he was probably in his mid-80's. We had to wait for hours for a new crew to be driven to our train while ours was taken away to be drug tested. :rolleyes:

There were trains running as early as Monday night on the tracks. Amtrak just kept saying that their trains were unreliable in the cold weather and wouldn't work properly. When we finally did get to leave four days late, the toilets didn't work. They were all frozen. Amtrak is a perfect example as to why the government shouldn't be involved in the train industry.
    Yep those FRA regs are a *****. I wouldn't ride them again if I were you

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I won't be doing business there ever again because of this stupidness and neither will my family and afew friends I've talked to

Andrew seems like a really nice guy based upon the few times I've met him. I can't be too hard on a guy who let me shoot his MG-42. :laugh:

I do agree with you all though. It seems incredibly dumb to leave all of that in a trailer overnight. What makes it even worse is that this was the second time a bunch of NFA stuff was stolen from one of his vehicles. You would think he'd learn.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    FYI, I blame BnB and CM for me now owning an AR, but I blame chez for this:

10668112_10100833524297744_214838481_o.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom