Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I tell you what. Every time I get a little change in my pocket, someone comes along with something shiney and pulls the old switch-er-roo on me! Then I end up with less change in my pocket and something to cost me more $$. :D
    Imagine that. What happens to one's self is allowed by one's self. :wavey:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Chock, I'm trying to imitate your pork loin from the lurk 'n shoot, any tips?
    You saw what I was working with. I don't know what you have smoker wise. I put the rub on 36hrs ahead of time the last 3 I did, which was past Fri.
    Let it get to room temp before smoking. I used Meq. chips, about 1 cup in my smoker.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You saw what I was working with. I don't know what you have smoker wise. I put the rub on 36hrs ahead of time the last 3 I did, which was past Fri.
    Let it get to room temp before smoking. I used Meq. chips, about 1 cup in my smoker.
    Store bought rub or homemade?

I have a home built drum smoker very similar to your trashcan. I've done tons of pork butts, ribs, chicken and pork tenderloin, but that whole pork loin you did was impressively juicy.

I'm at the disadvantage where I have to use fresh, non-brined pork (a lot of store-bought pork is brined) due to sodium restrictions, so it tends to dry easier.

Last edited:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Store bough rub or homemade?

I have a home built drum smoker very similar to your trashcan. I've done tons of pork butts, ribs, chicken and pork tenderloin, but that whole pork loin you did was impressively juicy.

I'm at the disadvantage where I have to use fresh, non-brined pork (a lot of store-bought pork is brined) due to sodium restrictions, so it tends to dry eaiser.
    The rub is store bought. You mentioned that you made your own rub, due to salt restrictions.I guess I would turn the heat up, get a glaze on the exterior, then turn it down for 3 or 4 hrs. :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom