Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

You havent heard of that story???

A British business man sold a $10 golf ball finder to the army in Irak.He told them it was a bomb detector and sold them for like $25 000 each.
    He sold them to over 40 countries and is now in jail.
    The worse part is that even though they now now it's fake some countries still want to use them as they paid so much for it. :rolleyes:

ADE 651 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    ???

of course, that's because eBay owns PayPal! It's a brilliant way of double dipping. I don't like PayPal, but I do enjoy the service they offer to be totally honest
    Yeah sylvain (hi) I also have no clue wtf your talking about?? Other than you used the "b" word so now the Feds just raided our bubble techno rave party :):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Businessman who sold 'useless' £5 fake bomb detectors for £10,000 has been jailed for seven years for fraud | Daily Mail Online

He claimed it could detect almost everything from gold to TNT depending ont he card you put in the machine.

article-2397903-1B60AD06000005DC-569_634x337.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You didn't miss much other than shame... and a few freaky women.
    I'm sure somewhere, in one of my oldest friend's blackmail vault there are incriminating pictures of me engaging in (what may appear to be) illicit activities while dressed ridiculously in bright colors with bead bracelets and an upside-down ADIDAS visor. :facepalm:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The sale of the devices to Iraq was alleged to have been aided by the payment of huge bribes to local officials. McCormick is said to have made a total of $75m (£46.2m) from the Iraqi government, charging $40,000 for each unit, which cost $20 to produce.

Bogus bomb detectors are still being used in Iraq five months after a British businessman who supplied the devices was found guilty of fraud.
    More than 4,500 people are estimated to have been killed in Iraq – 979 of them in September alone – since James McCormick, a former policeman, was convicted at the Old Bailey in April. His trial heard that the devices he was selling, called ADE-651, were based on novelty golf-ball finders and had no scientific means of detecting explosives.

I could sell this "sniper detector" to North Korea for $5000.

image39.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom