mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My parents used to can plums. They would have to hide them from me!

I've done that and made jam with them and sorbet and....plum bread.

Last year, I sprinkled some with cinnamon and baked them and then put them in jars and poured honey over them. They are now nicely fermented. Served over pound cake....delicious. This is how the Serbians do it in the "old country" and so I had to try it.

I hope this winter doesn't wipe out the plums again. I miss them. I have a bunch in the freezer but it just isn't the same.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If that's an apple, anything is better.

Honeycrisp are super crunchy and a mix of flavors...kind of like solid apple cider. I love when we make cider and have a bunch of those mixed in. It makes it really good. Last year we made cider with a bunch of friends and told them to take all they wanted. When they left, I had over 30 gallons of cider sitting here and nowhere close to that much freezer space available so I canned it. It turned out really good so I've been drinking that all year. I probably have at least 50 jars left though. Probably won't make it this year...it is a lot of work.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Apples just aren't my go to fruit. My son? He'd take one of your baskets and put a large dent in the contents. Last night, the wife and I had ham, egg, and cheese sandwiches. My son had four apples.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Client to me after I told him our recommendation about something (the recommendation came from the old president of our company who is partially retired)

"We waited a week and a half for that BS response? That is basically a slap in the nuts."

Great. Just freaking great. :faint:

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Client to me after I told him our recommendation about something (the recommendation came from the old president of our company who is partially retired)

"We waited a week and a half for that BS response? That is basically a slap in the nuts."

Sounds like your day is going great!

Hi jagee

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Apples just aren't my go to fruit. My son? He'd take one of your baskets and put a large dent in the contents. Last night, the wife and I had ham, egg, and cheese sandwiches. My son had four apples.

I saw my son on Sunday (he lives by Indy) and took him a half bushel of apples. He told me they would be gone in three days. Last year, I paid to mail him a half bushel. I think it cost me $40 to send them and three days later he called and asked if I could send more. Ummmm....noooooooo. Crazy kid. I know he has to eat, but that's just crazy. I can eat several apples a day though during the fall. I love them. I put as many as I can in the root cellar every fall and what we don't eat, I give to the deer when we are in the dead of winter.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

Hi Jagee!! So are you saying the client was not impressed? :popcorn:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom