• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    :rockwoot: Got the first Gold! WOOT! Congrats!

What camp?

I know it's a longer drive, but you might talk to the troop about looking into Old Ben Scout Reservation in Petersburg. It's where I went to camp and it's an old copper strip mine that was replanted and donated to the scouts. They've got a shooting range and obstacle course, and a lot of awesomeness.

Camp Belzer, it is off Fall Creek around Shadeland. Took 20 minutes to get there, 20 minutes to get home.

This is the summer camp for all Scouts in the area. They have built the new Scout store up there right off Shadeland.

the boy had a blast today. Fell asleep in the car on the ride home.
    He can't wait for tomorrow to get here and another fun day!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Camp Belzer, it is off Fall Creek around Shadeland. Took 20 minutes to get there, 20 minutes to get home.

This is the summer camp for all Scouts in the area. They have built the new Scout store up there right off Shadeland.

the boy had a blast today. Fell asleep in the car on the ride home.
    He can't wait for tomorrow to get here and another fun day!

WOW! He doesn't stay overnight?!?! WOW.....

Even as a cub scout we spent a full week AT camp.... Surely it's just some kind of first year camper thing, right?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    LOL.

My buddy I hung out with this weekend was just telling me how much he likes the song "rubberband man" after hearing it on a commercial, so we watched the video.

Dailymotion - The Spinners - Rubberband Man - une vidéo Musique

He just texted me 20 minutes ago telling me that he was at a stop sign(windows down) flipping through his mp3 player when Rubberband Man started playing. At that exact time, a black guy in his late 50's/early 60's, with a big salt and pepper beard hops off his bike directly in front of him and starts dancing out the song with a smile so big that it left my buddy huddled over gasping for air.

BTW, if you are curious, watch from about 8 seconds of that video to about 30 seconds and that's the part he danced out.

:rofl:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    WOW! He doesn't stay overnight?!?! WOW.....

Even as a cub scout we spent a full week AT camp.... Surely it's just some kind of first year camper thing, right?

they have sleep over camps for our pack throughout the year. This is our first summer in Cub Scouts so I don't know if this is usual or not. All I know is this include all Cub Scouts, no weeblos and they have the option to spend the night friday.
    They had a campout with their pack last month, they have another one planned at the Indians game downtown for all scouts and I think our Pack has another one planned soon. :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    they have sleep over camps for our pack throughout the year. This is our first summer in Cub Scouts so I don't know if this is usual or not. All I know is this include all Cub Scouts, no weeblos and they have the option to spend the night friday.
    They had a campout with their pack last month, they have another one planned at the Indians game downtown for all scouts and I think our Pack has another one planned soon. :dunno:

Never once in my entire time as a scout did we ever go to summer camp and not spend the night, multiple nights in a row. :dunno: I'd say it's very unusual, but this is the city, and not many city kids would probably last more than one night at camp away from their Playstations and Cell phones.

I'm not saying YOUR kid is like that by any means. I'm just saying in general. It's just really telling about how parents are babying their kids so much that they can't have a full week at camp without going home to mommy.

Again, not saying you baby your kid, I'm just saying in general. I've never heard of summer camp you don't spend the week at. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom