• Status
    Not open for further replies.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    What do you guys think of the Mosin rifle? It shoots a 54mm shell, is that right? and the SKS shoots a 39mm? I doubt I'll ever get into reloading, but at least they are the same caliber.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I take it back, she doesn't "freak out", my mom freaks out. Sits up straight in her seat, hand on the dash board and starts saying, "Jim, Jim, Jim".....My wife just gives me a dirty look.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I take it back, she doesn't "freak out", my mom freaks out. Sits up straight in her seat, hand on the dash board and starts saying, "Jim, Jim, Jim".....My wife just gives me a dirty look.
    Why does your mom say my name when she freaks out??:dunno:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    What do you guys think of the Mosin rifle? It shoots a 54mm shell, is that right? and the SKS shoots a 39mm? I doubt I'll ever get into reloading, but at least they are the same caliber.
    SKS.....I will always pick a semi auto over a bolt action.
    Just don't pay $400.00 for one.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I got a question. If you had grew up riding four wheelers, farm equipment, etc., would you consider that driving experience?

My wife and I were driving home from the next town over and it's raining out. We're on the back roads and I've got a slow person in front of me. (Rain must scare the other driver) Anyway, I go to pass. She's doing 35 in a 40 and I'm doing 45 to pass. My wife FLIPS OUT.

I've been driving these roads for 12 years. I know every hole, slick spot, deer crossing, and blind spot on these roads. She's still flipping out. :):

So we start arguing over who has more experience. She got her license at 17 and me at 16. We're a year and a half apart in age (she's older). I've driven over 1/3 of the Country either by myself, or with someone with me. She hardly ever left her small town except to go to the mall in Ft. Wayne.

Who has more experience? Simple right? Nope. This is a woman we're talking about. There IS no right answer except she is right. Welcome to marriage. :dunno:

What I have learned in 33 years of marriage is you can be right!! or you can be Happy!! but you can't be right and happy!!! :D

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

Actually the SKS and the Mosin use the same bullet Diameter.

You are mistaking length for caliber.

SKS 7.62 x 39
    Mosin 7.62 x 54r

Both use a .311 diameter bullet, however most available die sets come with a .308 expander, I had a .311 expander made and reload with .311.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009

SKS 7.62 x 39
    Mosin 7.62 x 54r

Both use a .311 diameter bullet, however most available die sets come with a .308 expander, I had a .311 expander made and reload with .311.

That was way too informative for this thread!! Shame on you!!:laugh::laugh:

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN

SKS 7.62 x 39
    Mosin 7.62 x 54r

That's what I meant...just not what I said. I'm "medicinally confused" today..... :ingo:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    What kind of bike do you have? I'm starting to ride my bike again. It's a diamondback I bought at Dick's. I really want a TREK though. Friggin expensive.

This kind. Norco. I'm not a bike expert; this is just the bike I got when I was a kid. I've got a scar on my forehead from a crash I had on this bike. Ah, memories.

4Pva

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    SKS.....I will always pick a semi auto over a bolt action.
    Just don't pay $400.00 for one.

I got one in PA I havet to go pick up, SKS I mean. I just like the Mosin too, the history of it.
    Not that there aren't lots of other guns with history. I want an M1 someday too. The Mosin just seems to be closer to my price point at this time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom